Chapter 9: Would You Die for Me?

Panting and grunting, Ally and Riddick helps each other with the cells as they reached the top of the hill. Riddick stands straight and sees the settlement beyond them.

"I see it. It's right there." He pants out.

Panting heavily, "Thank god." Ally sighs and grunts as they continue to pull the cells.

With the others still in the cave, Fry was beginning to lose her faith. She didn't trust Riddick and she had a feeling that Johns was right. He was going to leave them all...but Ally...the way he looks at her...

"They're coming back, right? Ally wouldn't leave me." Kyra says.

Fry couldn't answer her. A sister wouldn't leave her sister...but Riddick...she had a feeling Riddick would do something.

Ally struggles more as they move towards the skiff. She grunts with Riddick as they pull them on to the ramp. Groaning loudly, they both finally get them inside. Ally pants heavily and falls on her knees. She groans in pain and clutches her hand.

"Rest. I'll get the cells connected and get some light on." He says softly and begins to get the cells lined up and hooked up to the ship.

With the torch gone, everyone was left in the dark. But light still glowed under them. Kyra holds on to Fry's hand and they all looked up and sees dozens of glowing bugs on the cave ceiling.

Riddick moves as fast as he could to get the power going. With all of the cells finally hooked up, the power flickers till finally it comes on full blast.

Ally sighs in relief, "Yes!" She whispers and gets up to look around, "There should be some emergency lights around here. Flares or something we can use to go back for the others."

Riddick looks back at the exit ramp and hardens his jaw, "I think I saw some by the seats."

Ally turns and looks over towards the seats he was pointing at, but frowns when she couldn't see anything. Unaware of Riddick grabbing something out of the first aid kit.

"I don't see them. Are you sure you saw them here?" She asks.

Riddick moves and stands behind her, not saying a word.

"Riddick?" She asks as she feels him behind her. She straightens and begins to turn, but he grabs her. "Riddick! What are you doing?!" She shouts and fights him, but he was too strong. "Riddick!" Suddenly, she feels a pinch in her neck. "Riddick!" Soon, she felt her body becoming sluggish.

"I'm sorry, Ally. But I'm not risking my life...or yours for them." He says as he presses his lips against her ear.

Whimpering softly, she begins to go limp in his arms and he gently turns her to sit. He sets her in a passenger's seat and buckles her up, stroking her face softly.

"I hope, in time...you'll see why I have to do this." He says and tightens the strap and watches her head fall back and she was out. He leans close and kisses her lips and makes sure she was comfy. He turns and walks towards the ramp, clicking the close button and moves towards the pilot seat. He begins to get the system going and power up. Unaware of a certain determined Fry escaping the cave with a bottle full of glowing bugs and rushing towards the ship.

But she wasn't the only one he had to worry about.

Suddenly, the ramp doors open, and he quickly turns behind him. He frowns when he couldn't see anyone. When he looks towards where he left Ally, she was gone! He quickly gets up and moves towards the ramp, scanning the area for her. Unaware of her hanging from the ceiling. Fry turns the corner at the same time when Ally yells and swings from the ceiling.