4. Return of Sean Macguire

It was early evening and a horse trotted into camp. It was Javier with a familiar red haired Irish behind him.

"Look who's back!" Dutch said calling out to the boy.

"Sean!"

"Mr Macguire!"

Everyone was so happy to see Sean back in camp It honestly astonished me how the pinkertons didn't kill him.

"How about a party for our lost brother now found" dutch said as everyone cheered.

Sean chuckled grabbing a beer aa he started to give a drunken speech about how the camp would be running better now that he was back and then something about how he'd whip the women if we got out of line.

As Sean finished his speech i looked around to see if Sara was anywhere near but i could see her.

"Sara?" I called out.

"Sara hun where are you?"

I looked at the fire to see if she was with bill but be was to shitfaced to worry about a kid.

"Sara?" I called out again.

Looking into this distance I saw Micah leant up against a tree with Sara sat on the side of his hip.
Jogging up to them i saw that Sara was crying which made me worry.

"Why is she crying?" I asked watching Micah skin the apple that was in his hand and feed the skin to Sara.

"Bill yelled at her" Micah said.

I sighed holding my temple. "Alright" I walked away heading towards the middle of camp. I knew that in the morning i was going to have a chat with bill.

"Miss Levine!" The drunken Irish called out.

"Yes Sean?" I said turning around.

"Where's the little girl? I'd like to see my daughter" he laughed holding his arms out.

Ever since Sara was born Sean would joke about her being his daughter since she had red hair and i named her Sara. It was annoying at first since the man who got me pregnant was some random I slept with for money but over time it was actually funny because Sara actually saw him as an older brother and he taught her a few things a 4 year old should not know.

"You might have to fight Micah for her Macguire, she's real popular now a-days" I chuckled.

"Micah? Why is he with the kid? I thought he hated kids?" Sean asked confused.

"Thought the same but I guess not" I shrugged walking away towards Abigail who was sitting at one of the tables.

"What were you talking about with Sean?" Abigail asked.

"He was concerned about Sara"

"Ah he was concerned for his daughter" Abigail joked.

"Not you too!" I laughed.

Abigail handed me her beer bottle and i took a swig from it before handing it back.
I was glad so many people cared for Sara, i always thought she'd be this annoying little girl no one would pay attention to but with Abigails help she'd grown into a kind loving little girl.

As the night went on I had a few drinks and sang at the fire with everyone before migrating towards my tent. I saw Micah walking towards me with Sara asleep in his arms.

"Mr bell!" I slurred.

"Vanessa" he said as I smacked the entrance to my tent open going towards my cot and lying down.
Micah followed behind me as he placed Sara on her cot that was on the ground.

Micah looked around and his eyes got caught on a white hat that sat on the table above my cot.

"So that's where my hat went" he chuckled looking down at me.

"I was keeping it safe" i said putting an arm in the air.

"Mhm thanks, I'm gonna go now" he said grabbing his hat and walking out of the tent.

I turned over to look at Sara and smiled before closing my eyes quickly falling asleep.

____________________________________