14. Jack marston

The sun had began to set as Micah and I returned to camp. Hitching our horses I walked towards Abigail who watched over Sara, still a bit frantic about jack.

"Abby"

"Oh..hey baby" Abigail sighed.

"How are you doing?" I asked placing a hand on her back.

"Worried sick...I hope they get my boy back soon"

"They're going to get him back abby...I trust they will" I soothed.

Just as I said that John, Arthur and dutch rode back into camp with little jack on johns lap.

"My boy!" Abigail shot up from where she sat and ran towards the bridge as jack ran towards his mama.

"Mama!"

The two embraced as Hosea walked towards the two placing a hand on jacks head.

I knew the boy was safe.

Dutch insisted we have a party in jacks rescue. We all grabbed drinks and huddled around the fire as Javier played his guitar and we sang with smiles on our faces. During this time I finally saw the O'Driscoll boy having fun, he was drinking snd laughing just like everyone else. A smile grew on my face, that boy was going to fit into the gang, I knew he would.
As the night went on I had misplaced Sara. I hadn't seen her in most likely an hour and it was starting to worry me.

"Sara?" I called out. I walked around the manor when I heard giggling, just around the corner stood Sara and jack. They stood in front of each other, Sara had a flower tucked behind her ear which was new, I could see her face was bright pink when jack leaned in and quickly pecked her lips and she let out another giggle. I felt my heart warm seeing them. Young love...so precious.
I turned away from them and ran towards Micah.

"Micah!"

"What'd you need darling" he slurred.

"Follow me"

Micah hummed as I pulled him towards the two kids. "You see that?" I whispered.

"Yeah...what're they doing?" Micah furrowed his brows.

"I caught jack kissing Sara" I smiled.

"What" Micah growled about to lunge at the small boy.

I placed a hand on his chest holding him back. "Oh calm down you hunk"

"He's touchin my daughter baby" Micah growled again.

"Don't you see it Micah?" All he did was glare at me.

"They're in love" I sighed resting my head against Micah's chest. Micah muttered to himself as he watched the two kids sit down beside each other as jack read a book to Sara.

Maybe she'd grow up to be Little Sara Marston....what a dream that would be to see my little girl marry her best friend.
____________________________________

This chapter is short, sorry about that lmao i just had to add this into the book (it might be referring to the future 👀 of this book)