13. Stupid man

Two days had gone by since the boys went to kill the Braithwaite woman. They found out jack wasn't there but was moved to Saint Denis and was staying with a man named Angelo Bronte, apparently he was some rich Italian guy. Dutch, Arthur and john set off to go looking for this man in hopes he'd hand jack over.

It was raining outside. I sat on a chair in the manor with Sara sat at my feet playing with her bear. I hadn't seen Micah for a few hours which worried me.
That's until the front doors flew open and Micah walked inside completely drenched in rain water.

"Micah bell where have you been?" I asked sternly.

"Calm down woman, I was out on a job..this camp needs money y'know"

I sighed looking up into his eyes. "Go get changed before you catch a cold"

Micah groaned walking back out of the manor and towards his tent. I shook my head knowing sure shit well that he was going to be sick. I picked up a book and pretend to read as I understood none of the words printed on the paper, that's when the doors opened back up and Micah re-entered the manor with clean dry clothes.

"You happy now?"

"Yes I am, thank you" I smiled as he pulled up a crate to sit on.

"So i was thinking..how about me and you go into the city sometime" he smirked.

"What for?"

"Oh you know..have a bit of fun" he chuckled.

"That sounds fun but I can't leave Sara alone" I said returning to my book.

"Stop being so stubborn woman and let me take you out! She's got a whole camp who can watch her"

I smirked keeping my eyes on the jumbled up words on the pages. "I do love it when you get all angry with me, brings me joy"

Micah glared at me still wanting a response to his suggestion.

"And put that book down i know you cant read" he said pulling the book from my hands as I scoffed.

"Fine, we can go into town, but only if we get to go see one of them shows. I've always wanted to go see one" I confessed.

"Alright" Micah sighed dreading what this show would be about. 

I smiled at Micah taking his hand in mine. "I love you"

He sighed bring my hand to his lips placing a kiss against my knuckles. "Love you more darling"

Looking down at the floor Sara was looking up at the two of us with a huge smile on her face.

"Oh come here princess" Micah chuckled as she got up hopping into Micah's lap as I giggled.

My husband made my heart soar. He was the happiest thing to ever happen to me, and I loved him unconditionally even when he was being a stupid man.

When the rain stopped Micah and I mounted our horses and headed to the city.

"So what should we do first?" I asked glancing over at the distracted blonde.

"Hm?"

"I said what should we do first"

"We should get a room at one of them fancy saloons"

I sighed letting out a chuckle. "Alright"

We rode over a bridge with a large sign hung from it. Saint Denis.
Looking out into the distance I saw factories, houses and huge farrie boats coming in and out of port.
Entering the city I was an awe of how people dressed, the large homes and all of the money that could be hidden in each and every one of them.