19. The mayor's Ball

The time finally came for us to leave. Dutch was waiting next to the carriage with Hosea and Lenny was sat in the drivers seat waiting for us all to get in. Arthur and bill made their ways out of the manor and I joined the men.

"Evening fella's" I grinned seeing bill in a suit. "Don't you look pretty in a suit bill"

"I can't breathe in this god damn thing" he whined pulling at his bow tie.

"Poor you...can we get on with this" Arthur grouched.

"Patients son" Dutch sighed.

I shook my head and headed into the carriage with Hosea's assistance. After a bit of fussing and shoving around all five of us managed to cram into the small space.

"Are we ready yet?" Lenny called out.

"Yes Lenny, lets get going" Hosea called up at him as the sound of the reins cracking echoed in the air.

It was a long ride to Saint Denis that consisted of bill whining about how much room he did not have and that I shouldn't of worn such a big dress. To that I elbowed him in the stomach. And then that started a shoving fight between us that Hosea had to break up.

"Hey! The both of you's..you're acting like you both are still kids, grow up" he barked.

"Sorry Hosea" I mumbled as bill scoffed.

Bill and I had gotten into fight's like these in the past when we were younger which this did give me some nostalgia but Hosea was right.
When we finally made it to the party I was helped out of the carriage by Arthur. Once everyone was out Lenny drove the carriage away and we stood in a small group waiting for the other guests to enter the large mansion. But as we waited a familiar horse began trotting towards us.

"Is that who I think it is?" Bill questioned.

"I think so" Dutch said.

It was Micah. He dismounted his horse and strode towards us.

"Micah bell what the hell are you doing here?" I asked in confusion and frustration.

"I couldn't leave such a pretty lady here unattended" he smirked taking my hand and placing a kiss against my knuckles.

I sarcastically scoffed. "You ruin all the fun"

"That's what I'm here for darling " he chuckled as we all entered the building. We made it to the back of the mansion where three men were stood leaning against a balcony railing.

"Hello Senoir Bronte" Dutch called.

"Ah Mr. Van der Linde..it is nice to see you have arrived..and not smelling of shit" the man smiled saying the last comment in Italian.

"Yes. I have, And I brought some men to help" Dutch said which meant the reason we were here was probably not for a civilized experience.

"That is mighty kind of you but I see a very beautiful woman here with you as well....care to introduce?" The man smirked as he was about to step towards me but Micah blocked himself between me and this Italian man.

"She's a married woman. You don't need no introductions" Micah snarled.

"Okay friend" the man chuckled raising his hands up in surrender. "No introductions so we might as well get to the point. The deeds are in the mayor's office. All your men need to do is distract the guards and find a way to get in. Easy as that"

"I think we're capable of that aren't we?" Dutch asked turning to the men. "Arthur...go find a way into the office..the rest of you keep your eyes out..we don't need no funny business tonight"

"Dutch you sure I shouldn't have a job?" I asked.

"I'll find you if I need you..now go out there and have some fun, we are civilized people now, we need to socialize" Dutch snickered as we all went our separate ways.

Micah and I headed off the balcony towards the main floor where we stood next to a bush away from most of the people.

"You know Mr. bell..you are a very jealous person" I smirked looking into his eyes.

"Well I know what's mine and I don't like other people touching my stuff" he smirked back at me.

"Oh so I'm your stuff hm?" I teased.

"Damn right you are" he snaked his arms around my waist and slowly leant into a kiss but before our lips could touch a loud bang rang through the air and small glimpses of light flashed in the sky.

"What the fuck are those" I said grabbing onto Micah's chest as tight as I could.

"Baby" Micah laughed. "They're just fireworks..they can't hurt you"

"...I don't like them" I sighed resting my head on his chest from embarrassment.

"You really have gotten soft on me Mrs bell..." he chuckled placing one of his hands onto my head.

"Maybe I wouldn't be so weak if I went on one last job with you boys..one last job before I quit and only make you and Sara my priorities" I pouted.

"I think that would be negotiable" Micah said placing a kiss on my head as I flinched from another firework being lit. Micah hummed holding me closer taking in my smell. "I love you" he whispered.

"I love you too" I whispered back.

____________________________________

I was going to make this more eventful but...im to lazy 😂