[03] bare-su(perman)

"Cheong-San, you go ahead."

I see Gwi-Nam with his group taking a girl and a boy with them. I did not know them, but seeing them with Gwi-Nam didn't sit right with me. I also see Su-Hyeok running after them, which makes me worry.

Su-Hyeok used to be like them, but then he changed. I have full faith he won't go back to being friends with Gwi-Nam, but I also know how pissed they were at Su-Hyeok for leaving.

"Why? Where are you going?" Cheong-San asks.

"Bare-Su's trying to be the hero again." I reply. "I just want to make sure he doesn't hurt himself like last time."

Cheong-San nods. He's also worried for Su-Hyeok, but he knows it'll only be more chaotic if he comes with me, so he lets me handle it on my own. Cheong-San never says it, but he trusts Su-Hyeok enough to watch out for me whenever Gwi-Nam is involved, and he knows it goes both ways.

"Be careful, okay?" Cheong-San grabs my arm before I can follow Su-Hyeok. "If it gets bad, just leave Bare-Su. He can handle Gwi-Nam."

"Yah," I playfully hit him on the arm. "Of course I'll take Bare-Su with me. I need a human shield if Gwi-Nam comes after me."

Cheong-San laughs, his dimples on full display. It sends me in a short trance.

Has he always looked this good?

"Go then." He pushes me lightly.

I send him a warm smile before jogging off to where Su-Hyeok went.

It doesn't take long before I catch up to him. I see him talking to the leader of Gwi-Nam's group, standing in front of both victims. I frown seeing the girl with her uniform buttoned down, and the boy shaking beside her.

"Yah, Bare-Su," I call out, catching the attention of everyone in the group. "We're going to be late for class."

"Na-Ri?" Su-Hyeok's eyes widen, and he is instantly standing in front of me. "What are you doing here?" He whispers. "It's dangerous here. Let me handle them, please go back to the classroom."

"I'm not leaving you here, Su-Hyeok-ah." I say, whispering as well. "I can't leave you like I did last time."

Su-Hyeok knows. He knows how guilty I felt leaving him to face Gwi-Nam's group alone. For the entire week, I was always by his side, nursing him. It was one of the worst weeks of my life. I begged Su-Hyeok to leave their group and when he did, they came after him. When he needed me the most, I wasn't there for him. But now I'm here, and I won't ever leave him.

"Aish," He ruffles my hair. "You won't leave even if I drag you out of here, won't you?"

I shake my head, grabbing his wrist. "You're stuck with me, Bare-Su."

He grins at my words, momentarily forgetting where we are.

"Hey, love." Gwi-Nam's voice interrupts, sending chills down my spine.

I instinctively hide behind Su-Hyeok.

"Aw, don't be shy!" Gwi-Nam starts to walk towards us, a menacing look on his face. "Join, us, Na-Ri. I bet a picture of you will get more views than this girl's."

In a blink of an eye, Su-Hyeok lunges towards Gwi-Nam, pushing him to the ground with a loud crack.

"Lee Su-Hyeok!" I rush towards him and grab his arm that was about to punch Gwi-Nam. "Please don't... I don't want you to get in trouble. Let's just leave, okay? We're all safe, let's just leave."

My words seem to calm him down. He turns to me with wild eyes, blinks, then let's his gaze fall on my hand. He looks back up at me and his gaze is soft.