[06] train to busan

"Fuck, how are we supposed to get inside the building?" I pull Nam-Ra by the sleeve of her uniform as a zombie zooms pass her.

"Shouldn't we be trying to get out?" Su-Hyeok asks, twisting his body to avoid another zombie.

"I saw some of them by the gates when I left the gym, escaping through the gate is not an option." I reply. "Besides, we have to find the others too."

"If they're still alive." Nam-Ra says in a whisper.

I look at her momentarily. "They are, I'm sure of it."

"Hey guys, over here." Su-Hyeok beckons.

He tries to steady a ladder that is leaning by the wall. Nam-Ra and I go over to help him. Once the ladder is steady, Su-Hyeok climbs on it, and I urge Nam-Ra to go after him.

"Go ahead, I'll be right behind you." I smile at Nam-Ra when I notice her hesitating.

She quickly scurries up the ladder, with me following closely behind.

As I am almost at the top, I feel rough hands grab me by the leg.

"Fuck." I grunt, trying to step on the zombie's face but to no avail.

"Na-Ri, hurry!" Su-Hyeok yells from above me.

"I'm trying." I yelp when I fall a step down, the zombie grabbing my waist.

I hold onto the side of the ladder with one arm, and punch it using my free arm. The zombie slips and falls.

"Tokki, grab my arm!" Cheong-San leans over the window sill.

A wave of relief washes over me when I see his face. I heave myself up and grab onto his arm as Cheong-San pulls me inside. Su-Hyeok places his hands on my waist to steady me once I'm inside.

Before I can even relax, a familiar pair of arms pull me into an embrace.

"Fuck, I thought I lost you." Cheong-San whispers, brushing my hair.

I blush, wrapping my arms around him as well. I close my eyes and lean towards him a bit more.

"It's going to take more than a few zombies to pull me down." I release my hold on him and smile, meeting his gaze.

His eyes are glassy as he chuckles, his hands falling to my waist. "That was a nice right hook, by the way."

"Ah, my years spent spiking balls have finally paid off." I tease, flexing my arms.

He pinches my cheek and scowls playfully at my choice of words.

"Thank God you're safe!" On-Jo unintentionally pushes Cheong-San aside as she wraps her arms around me, with I-Sak following her actions.

"On-Jo, I-Sak, I'm glad you're all safe too."

I wrap my arms around them tightly, knowing that in any moment I can lose them both if we're not careful enough. As soon as I let go of my friends, I meet Su-Hyeok's gaze.

I walk towards him and throw myself against his body. "Thank you, Su-Hyeok-ah."

He returns my embrace tightly, burying his face in my hair. "Always."

I smile at him when he releases me.

I look around the classroom, momentarily relieved when I meet Wu-Jin's gaze. He smiles at me, and I know he feels the same. I notice him, Joon-Young and Gyeong-Su holding the doors, Dae-Su smiling at me behind his powder-covered face.

"The fuck happened to your face?" I ask him. 

"Some jerk sprayed me with the fire extinguisher." Dae-Su huffs.