[19] cravings

An insuferable pain pierces though my stomach, jolting me awake from my nap. Sweat trickles down my neck, uncomfortable and sticky.

My eyes blink open and all I can see is my surroundings tinted red.

I can feel my excrutiatingly slow hearbeat pounding hard against my chest, a stark contrast to the anxiety washing over my body.

Another jolt of pain makes me clutch my stomach tightly, my school uniform wrinkling against my hold.

I look to my side and see Su-Hyeok sleeping soundly, and as I feel a soft gust of wind wafting from the open window, a savory scent hits my nostrils.

It's coming from Su-Hyeok.

Why does he smell so... delicious?

I focus my gaze on his neck, bare and open for me to just... take a bite.

His heartbeat is steady and slow, making it obvious that he's fast asleep.

I lift my hand, fingers lightly dancing against the skin on his neck.

A steady heartbeat, a savory scent... it's getting harder and harder to control my hunger.

After a while, Su-Hyeok starts to stirr awake. He blinks his eyes open, meeting my hungry gaze.

"Na-Ri?" He asks, voice hoarse.

"Su-Hyeok-ah..." My voice breaks, and I can feel something wet at the side of my eyes. "I'm so fucking hungry."

Su-Hyeok sits up, eyes wide open and body alert. He looks at me from head to toe, probably realizing that something is not right with me.

"Na-Ri, your eyes." He says, bringing up his hand to trace his fingers lightly below my right eye.

"I'm scared." I say to him, voice light.

His hand travels down to my cheeks, caressing it softly.

I push his hand away when another wave of pain washes over my body.

I look up at him from where I am crouched on my seat, his scent becoming more apetizing as the seconds pass.

It's like something horrible possesses my body as I lunge for his neck, but then a loud smack snaps me out of my trance.

I blink twice, gaze meeting Su-Hyeok's wide eyes. My back is pressed against the window sill, Su-Hyeok's tall frame caging my body. For a moment, I panic, fully convinced that I had bitten him.

"Are you okay?" He asks me, tone soft yet with a sense of urgency.

"I should be asking you that." I frantically scan his body for any bite marks.

Thankfully, I found none.

"Ji-Min! What are you doing?" On-Jo screeches.

I look behind Su-Hyeok and see Cheong-San lying flat on his back, face twisted in pain. Ji-Min stands above him, holding a folded chair.

"Cheong-San!" I unconsciously push Su-Hyeok aside, untying the cloth binding our wrists and quickly kneeling beside Cheong-San. "What happened?"

I help him sit up, my hands automatically rubbing soothing circles on his back.

Cheong-San brings his palm to my cheeks, eyes filled with worry- as if he isn't hurting. "Are you hurt?"

"You're the one who's hurt, Cheong-San." I place my palm over his hand that's on my cheek.

"This is nothing." He smirks, then winces in pain. "I'm fine if you're fine."

I close my eyes, a breathy laugh escaping my lips. "You're an idiot."