[15] void

"Be careful, princess." Joon-Young stretches his arm out the window as I hook my feet in the
last few loops of the rope. "Watch your step."

"Stop calling me that, it makes me cringe." I groan, grabbing Joon-Young's outstretched hand.

He swiftly pulls me up and I steady myself on the window sill.

He smirks at me, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "The nickname suites you, don't you think?"

"No, I don't think." I frown when Joon-Young snickers. "I don't mean it like that!"

"The drone and the remote are over there." Joon-Young tilts his head towards the other end of the room. "I'll get the other parts we might need."

"Okay."

I walk over the where the drone is neatly placed, grabbing a large backpack along the way. I haphazardly shove the items inside the backpack, which annoys Joon-Young slightly.

"Yah, be careful with that." Joon-Young scolds. "We don't want to lose our only chance of finding your boyfriend."

I blush, ready to retort, but something catches my vision and sends a chill through my body. I yelp, quickly covering my mouth to muffle the sound. My fingers are shaking, and my knees feel like noodles. I choke out a sob as I run towards Joon-Young, hiding behind his bigger form while clutching the backpack close to my body.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Joon-Young's voice is tense as he eyes me with worry.

I point a trembling finger at the small white creature with beady red eyes staring maliciously at me. Joon-Young follows the direction I am pointing at with his gaze.

"It's a rat." I whisper, my voice hoarse.

Joon-Young turns to look at me with a blank expression, and I feel like he's questioning my entire existence. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"What? I'm fucking terrified of rats!" I squeal. The rat stands on his hind legs and sniffs the air, making me grab onto Joon-Young's arm tightly. "Look at it, it wants to eat me!"

"Oh, so that's why Cheong-San carries the rat's box around the lab when we have Science class."

I scowl at the memory of Cheong-San following me around the room holding the fucking rat with that stupid annoying smile of his.

Joon-Young sighs, looks at the rat, then back at me. "Alright princess, I think we have everything we need so we can go back now before the rat eats you."

"Wait." My grip on Joon-Young's arm tightens. "It can actually eat me?"

"Yes, it can swallow you whole." Joon-Young walks away and I quickly follow him. "Aish, I wonder why they're in love with you."

"Who?"

"The rats, princess. The rats."

I scrunch my nose. "Disgusting."

Once we reach the window, Joon-Young grabs the backpack containing everything we need from my hold and motions for me to turn around. Once I do, he grabs both straps of the backpack and hooks it on my arms. He turns me around so we are both facing each other and fixes the straps of the bag, making sure it's tight enough. Once he finishes, he pats my head and motions towards the window.

"You go down first." A loud bang catches both of our attention. "Ah fuck, they know we're here. Go down now, hurry."

I gulp, positioning my feet in the first loop of the rope. I take deep breaths, trying hard to imagine I'm anywhere but dangling on a rope at the side of the building. Unlike the first time we went down, Cheong-San isn't here to help me overcome my fear of heights.