[09] class 2b

My body is glued to the ground, I can't stand up even though my heart and mind are screaming for me to stand.

"N-no." My voice cracks.

On-Jo kneels down beside me, eyes never leaving the window.

The rest are silent, not knowing how to act at the sudden turn of events.

Gyeong-Su moves first, leaning over the window sill and looking down, scared to find his best friend splattered on the ground. When he doesn't see any sign of Cheong-San, he looks up.

"Aish, you fucker, get down here!" Gyeong-Su yells.

Dae-Su rushes beside Gyeong-Su and looks up. "Yah, is that Bare-Su?"

Hearing both of my friends names sends a jolt of energy through my body. I push myself up and run to join Gyeong-Su and Dae-Su. I let out a shaky breath when I see Cheong-San and Su-Hyeok dangling from the rope, with Su-Hyeok holding onto Cheong-San's waist tightly. Su-Hyeok climbs down first, Gyeong-Su holding out a hand to help him inside. I move back so he can safely enter the room, but when he meets my gaze and smiles at me shyly, my resolve breaks.

"Don't ever do that again!" I shove his chest harshly and he stumbles back, surprised. "You're not Superman, you can't save everyone so stop sacrificing yourself."

"You're safe, aren't you?" He smiles cheekily.

I roll my eyes at him, a few tears escaping. I quickly wipe them away and envelop my friend in a hug.

"I worry about you a lot." I say to him.

"I know." He says, wrapping his arms around me as well.

I let go of him as soon as Cheong-San safely makes it inside the room as well. He hasn't even steadied himself when I jump onto him, not caring about everyone's gaze on us.

"Don't scare me like that." I whisper.

"I'm not used to this." Cheong-San whispers back.

I lean back and look at him. "To what?"

He grins, and I remember the conversation we had earlier. I softly punch him on the arm.

"See, I told you it's easy being nice." He says.

"You almost died and you're still making jokes?" I scoff.

"Yah, hurry up and close the window!" Na-Yeon screeches, making me flinch and let go of Cheong-San.

"Can't you see Cheong-San just got in? We can't close the window until he gets in." Gyeong-Su responds, tone agitated.

"Is it wrong to say just close it?" Na-Yeon counters.

"Is your own survival the only thing that matters to you?"

"I can't stand you, you stupid welfie."

"Na-Yeon!" I hiss at her, standing in front of Gyeong-Su protectively. "It's not nice to call people that."

"Why the fuck would I care?" Na-Yeon glares. "It's true though, he is a welfie."

Joon-Young scoffs and rolls his eyes, Hyo-Ryung and the rest look at her in disbelief.

Gyeong-Su bumps my shoulder accidentally as he makes his way towards Na-Yeon.

He pushes her. "Shut the fuck up!"

"Yah!" Ms. Park walks over to them after closing the window. "What's happening?"

"He hit me." Na-Yeon complains.

"You called me a welfie first." Gyeong-Su hisses.

"What's a welfie?" Ms. Park looks between the two teens, expression confused. "Can someone tell me what welfie means?"