68. *I'll never regret choosing you

"Remus?" Spencer whispered, hoping he was awake.

"Yeah?"

"Was what Harry said true?"

Remus turned around, so did Spencer.

"Why do you avoid speaking about them... about James and Lily?"

"It baffles me that you know so much" he replied.

"I know nothing, Remus. Not really."

He sighed, "...as you know, I'm not one to talk about my past. I thought I wanted to with Harry but-" he shook his head. "It just reminds me of memories I'd rather not look back on."

"Wouldn't you like to remember them?"

"I do remember them."

"Remus" she sighed, placing her legs in between his.

"Spencer you don't understand" he shook his head.

"Then help me- I know you want to have a relationship with Harry, one you were supposed to have in the first place."

Remus looked up at her.

"I just- Harry is a smart kid, granted he's oblivious to so many things but he's smarter than he lets on. He knows you don't want to talk about them so he won't push you, but he yearns for the day you finally will" she adds. 

"Nearing their death, they thought I was a spy for him" he said. "I'm sure they died thinking that too" he sat up.

"Remus-"

"You don't know what I've done for the war Spencer and I'd like to keep it that way. It ruined everything for me and I'm not going to let it ruin this" he walked out of their room.

"Remus" she grabbed his wrist. "I don't need to know," she shook her head, "I know you and that's enough, okay?"

She brought him in for a hug, "nothing can ruin this Remus" she whispered. "You know how I feel about saying those things" she added.

Remus held her tight, he did know.

"I'm sure they didn't die thinking that" she rubbed his back.

"We'll never know" he replied.

"I'll ask them if I ever see them" she joked.

Remus chuckled.

"Remus?"

"Mhm?"

"Harry needs to learn about his parents."

"I know" he sighed.

"There was happiness" she said. "Don't forget that" she kissed his cheek.

"There was" he nodded. "I'm sorry I made you get out of bed" he added after a few moments.

Spencer chuckled, "can we go back?"

Remus kissed her head, "stay here" he said before leaving the room.

"Where are you going?"

"Stay there" he said as she tried to follow.

Spencer nodded. She heard him go into the drawing room.

Remus came back, hiding something behind him.

"Valentine's day passed us" he said before showing her a bouquet of roses. "It's not much but-"

"I love them" she smiled, "I would've gotten you something but it completely slipped-"

He shook his head, "don't worry about it."