105. Personal statement

"How were your exams?" Kingsley asked her.

They were waiting for Snape in Kingsley's office.

"I've only taken two" Spencer answered. "I did well, I know I did" she shrugged.

Kingsley smiled to himself, "good. You need excellent marks if you want to become an Auror."

"Yeah... I don't know if I wanna do that anymore" she stood up from her seat and went to get a cup of water.

"Why?"

She shrugged, "I'm just- I just need time to think about what I want to do."

He nodded, albeit confused.

"I'm not exactly where I thought I was going to be six months ago" she took a deep breath, placing her back beside the door.

"You can apply anytime, I don't see myself leaving anytime soon" he gave her a smile.

"Thanks Kings" she replied.

"Anytime."

"...I know I-"

"Kingsley have you heard" Arthur opened the door quickly, walking into his office and shutting it, "I thought it was a rumor but I just saw half of the court discreetly walk into courtroom three."

"Arthur-"

"A professor Kingsley, a professor! Can you imagine the scandal when the press get a hand on it?" he shook his head. "I hid the paper trail as much as I could, but this can get in the hands of anyone, people are already talking about it. One comment to the wrong person and Rita Skeeter will be down here in a millisecond- I can't imagine what that child must be going through-"

"Arthur!" he exclaimed, looking at Spencer.

She froze the minute he stepped inside, unsure of what to do.

Arthur turned around, he wished he hadn't.

In three seconds he went through so many emotions.

Happy to see her, then confused as to why she was there. He was going to ask but her face said it all.

"Arthur," Kingsley sighed, "sit down."

Kingsley tried to touch his arm, Arthur took it back.

He shook his head, "you're- No, it can't be-"

"Arthur-"

"Enough, Kingsley! I am speaking with my daughter!" he yelled.

He never yelled.

Spencer started to cry.

"You-" he was speechless. "You're-" he shook his head.

"I'm sorry," her voice broke, "I'm sorry" she cried.

Arthur walked up to her and brought her in for a hug. He held her tightly, tearing up as his brain tried to comprehend what she just told him without saying any words.

"I'm sorry" she repeated.

He shook his head, "don't be sorry honey, there's nothing to be sorry about."

She cried into his chest, "I'm so sorry."

"Spencer" he whispered, looking at her. "I love you. I will always love you. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will ever change that" he nodded.

Spencer tried to control her breathing as she nodded.

Snape walked into the room, he looked at Arthur, then Spencer, then Kingsley. He rolled his eyes as he closed the door behind him.