139. Dumb twat

"Thank you everyone for joining us," Dumbledore spoke, "if you're here, that means you are an official member of the order of the phoenix."

Spencer looked around at the people in Sirius' kitchen.

Trying to memorize faces.

"In times of darkness, unity becomes our greatest strength. Remember, it is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities" he continued. "The Order shall become more than an alliance; we will be a family bound by the strongest ties—those of loyalty, trust, and unwavering support. In this family, we find strength, solace, and the resilience to face the darkest of days. Together, we shall overcome, for family endures when all else falters."

"Think this is a cult?" Andrew whispered to Spencer.

She snorted, then tried to hide it with a cough.

Alastor Moody kept looking at her, as if she couldn't tell he was staring.

Or he did and he simply just didn't care.

She crossed her arms over her chest.

"As we all know, the ministry's plan is to deny the rise of Voldemort. Which is why the orders' operations must stay a secret. No one outside of this room should know what goes on" Moody spoke. "Speaking of secrets, we all have our own. In hard times, you will fight one another. You will get angry. You will use those very secrets against one another. This is a promise" he made sure to look around the room. "All I can say is, remember who the real enemy is, and why you're here in the first place."

He took a deep breath.

"Some of you will be targeted, some of will have to go into hiding. I'll go as far as to say some of you will spy... do things you're not proud of" he nodded. "We all know loss, and if you don't, prepare yourself... that is war."

"Very optimistic" Sirius nodded, giving him a thumbs up.

Moody ignored him, "this is our headquarters- no one outside of here knows the address. The only way for someone outside of here to come in is through Black, Dumbledore, or me. Meaning if you are bringing in new members we have to screen them first."

"We're still figuring out assignments, in the meantime Kingsley and Remus will be hosting defense lessons. Moody will pop in and out when he's not busy and on occasion have his own classes" Dumbledore added. "Please take as many as you can, we want to be prepared."

He took a look around the room, "if you're interested in healing, Severus will also hold his own sessions- Andromeda, though she is not an official member, will also host her own sessions to those interested."

A moment passed before he spoke again, "you're all free to go, or converse" he nodded.

People stood in a line and wrote down their names for the sessions Kingsley and Remus were offering.

Spencer turned to Andrew, "are you signing up?"

"Probably Kingsley's... you?"

"Sev offered to teach me himself" she shook her head.

"I'll be back" he nodded before walking up to the line.

She smiled at him as he walked away, she stared at the people around her.

The room was full, she wondered who they all were.

What they thought.

If they were scared.

"I didn't see you sign up" Moody went up to Spencer.

"Severus will be teaching me" she put her hair up, tying it back.