102. Three words, eight letters

Spencer didn't sleep.

She waited until morning came, waiting for Remus to walk through the door.

She wanted a hug.

She wanted him to tell her everything was okay.

Nox slept on her lap, she pet him and tried to calm down.

Her thoughts were all over the place.

Her shoulder hurt, her arm hurt, her ribs hurt, and she couldn't care less.

She needed him.

He walked in at 7:45am, Nox heard the door knob move and walked toward the sound.

Spencer stood after Nox left her lap.

"Hey" she heard him tell Nox. "Miss me?" he chuckled.

She practically ran to him, "Remus!" she hugged him tightly.

He groaned in pain, she tried pulling away but he held on.

"Don't" he whispered.

She nodded, standing on her toes.

"Hey" he held her tightly, taking a deep breath.

"Now you're hurting me" she chuckled.

"Sorry," he cleared his throat, "sorry" he took a step back.

"I'm kidding" she shook her head. "Are you okay?"

They stared at one another, as if its been years since the last time they've seen each other.

"Yeah" he nodded. "Are you?"

"A-ok" she nodded.

"So... Sirius" he spoke.

Spencer looked the the side, "I'm sorry" she apologized.

"I mean, other than ignoring the law, you didn't do anything wrong" he shook his head.

"I'm sorry for not telling you..." she said. "I wanted to, whenever you spoke of him- you were heartbroken and- and I couldn't tell you anything to make you feel better" she looked at the floor, shaking her head. "You were always-"

"You're wrong" he reached for her face. "You made everything better, just by breathing, just by being there" he reached for her hand but continued to look at her. "You have nothing to be sorry for."

It was almost second nature, his hand touching hers.

He used to look down, to make sure he was actually reaching.

But after months of studying one another, he knew where her hand was.

"I don't remember anything" he sighed.

Spencer's face didn't change, "You didn't scare me. You don't scare me, I know who you are at your core. You're a good man" she smiled, squeezing his hand. "Do you want me to tell you what happened?"

"No, I don't think I want to know" he shook his head.

She nodded, after a few seconds he let her hand go and walked to their book shelf. He began grabbing some books.

"Don't you think it's a bit too early to read?" she asked, sitting on the couch.

Remus hung his head low, not able to form a reply.

Spencer noticed something out of the corner of her eye and looked to her right, finally seeing the suitcase he left by the door.

"I quit" he spoke.

"Why?" she looked at his back.

"There's uh- nothing I can do" he said softly.

"Remus you didn't hurt anyone- we can speak with Dumboldore-"