7 - Thank you!

Author POV

You stood up exhaling a deep breath. You've been working on this file for 3 hours, it wasn't an easy work to do because this was very fat away from the work you're used to. It was quite difficult, maybe that's why it took hours to complete. You were very nervous about your work, you were doubting if your work was right or had some mistakes. You took a deep breath and knocked on the door. You entered when he let you in. He wasn't doing anything but was resting his head on his hands, looked like he was trustfr- frustrated.

"Mr. Jeon!", He lift his head up in surprise when he heard your voice. "S-sir! I did it, I don't know if it has mistakes but it seemed difficult so it took hours to complete", he stood coming towards me. He took the file from me and started flipping the pages. He sighed. "Y/n, It doesn't has any mistakes, you've done a great job", he said those and smiled. You didn't expect him saying only this much, you wanted him to thank you because only you know how did you work on that. This jerk!! Don't know how to thank.... what did I expect from him?! Dumb me!!.

You bowed once and went out of his cabin, towards your table. I looked at the clock in my table and remembered that it has only an hour left for meeting to start.

*****

You are focused on your work. It's your break time that no one's here with you, but you had lot of work so you're completing it. The meeting was going on but got a break, it may start again in few minutes. While doing your work, you noticed everyone gathering to gheir respective tables, which means that the break has ended. You were just thinking about the meeting because you know how tensed and determined he was regarding this contract.

9:30 pm
(It's raining)
Time passed and the meeting came to an end so did your work, you sighed heavily tightening your body to relax yourself. It's time for you to go back home. You were feeling very hungry so you thought to grab something in the cafeteria. You now regret for not having your lunch on time. You grabbed something to eat and sat on one table, the whole cafeteria was empty as everyone had just left, finishing their work. You ate your lunch and walked to your table.

While walking, something caught your attention for which you stopped walking and stood there to clarify your vision. You saw Jungkook standing in the balcony while looking at city, filled with tiny street lights. He was enjoying the rain, looking at the droplets. "Mr. Jeon?", he flinched for your sudden voice. He looked at you and furrowed. "You still here?", he asked furrowing as you nodded. "Yes, I had some work, so I stayed back", he just smiled lightly. "Ohh okay", he again turned and stood there like before. You slowly walked towards him and stood beside him. "But, Why are you still here?", he sobbed. You looked at him in confusion. He was crying.

"H-Hey!! Why are you crying?", You asked being worried and confused. "Thank you!", He told in his cracking voice but was calm. "H-Huh? W-Why?", he looked at you with his teary eyes. "Yahh!! Now stop annoying me by being dramatic all of a sudden", you exclaimed trying to change the topic. "Sometimes I can't understand, you be so formal and give me respect wandering around calling me 'Mr. Jeon... Mr. Jeon?', but all the other time, you just get on my nerves", he told in his cracking still sobbing, he looked so cute doing that, he was being serious while crying but responded for your dumb statement. You secretly chuckled and looked at him concerned.

"Okay stop now and tell me what happened? Why are you crying huh?", he sobbed again. "Thank you so much!!", saying that in his cracking voice, he tightly hugged you all of a sudden taking you off-guard. You were taken aback by his sudden action as you were shocked at the same time. He burried his head in the crook of your neck while sniffing and sobbing. You never saw him in this state, you felt worried because he was crying with lots of emotions in his eyes. You slowly wrapped your arms around his shoulders patting and caressing his back gently.

"Why are you thanking me?", You whispered at his ear as he sniffed and backed away, head lowered. "Thank you so much for doing the work I gave you properly", you furrowed in confusion. "What? But you don't have to cry for that!", He just shook his head. "You don't know! How I have been working for this project from past a year, I have been wanted this project to be accepted by Jung's company, everytime they used to arrange a meeting, it would get ruined but this time I am thankful to you very much, I could able to fulfill my dream because of you".

"It's okay, you hoped for it right? Then you shouldn't get this emotional", he shook his head again, sniffing. "No! But if this meeting wouldn't have been successful then I was forced to marry a girl who I don't even know!", I looked down. "Oh! Then its fine!", you chuckled awkwardly. He hummed. "Uhhm... I think I have to leave! It's too late!!", You told looking at the rain which just decreased a little. "Ah no! Let me drop you off, it's raining anyway!", You shook you head. "Ah! No! Its fine, I'll just pull up a taxi I guess", you laughed nervously as he shook his head.

"Just come na!! It's raining and I can't leave you like that in this rain!", He whined. "Uhm, only if you don't mind!", He chuckled. "Not at all, now come let's go", he didn't listen to you but just held your hand, dragging towards the exit. He made you sit at front and he himself sat on the driver seat. "But sir-".... "Tell me the direction, I don't yet know your house!", He told. His expression made you confused...

To be continued...