Part 5 - The Surprise

Randhir has now decided to search that girl. He was out of his thoughts when vishal called him.

V: is everything ok sir. Apko itna disturbed kabhi nahi dekha.
R: vishal, ek kaam kar. Is city me jitne mental asylums hein mujhe unki list chahiye aur specially is dress code ki. (he gives a dress code he saw that sanyu was wearing as he was in utter shock after watching her).
V: ok sir.

Randhir vas very restless as he was anxiously waiting for meeting her.
Vishal comes with details.
V: sir aisa ek hi hospital hai jiska dress code apke bataaye dress code se similar hai.
R: good. Show me
V: sir this. National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences(NIMHANS).
Sir ek baat puchun agar apko bura na lage to.
R: haan puchh.
V: sir apne suddenly ye sab karne ko kyun kaha??
R: i'll be back fir batata hun.

Randhir reaches to the hospital. He inquires there from receptionist.
R: kya yahaan koi sanyukta agrawal naam ki patient hai.
REC: let me check sir. (she searches total regirsters). No sir nahi hai. Actually sir bahut saare patients aise bhi hein jinke k naam registered nahi hote. Generally unhe apna naam yaad nahi hota isliye. Agar ap patient ki koi photo dikhayen to main apki kuch help kar sakun.
R: yes sure. (he shows a photo)
REC: yes sir is patient ko to aj hi dusre hospital me bheja gayaa hai.
R: kaun se hospital.
REC: sir, Manipal Hospital.

Randhir rushes to the manipal hospital and inquires about sanyu. They took him to the garden and there she was sitting with her toy car holding a random screwdriver. Randhir had tears in his eyes because watching her with those things proves that she is his sanyu. He could not believe his eyes. His hands were trembling as if he saw an ocean in desert. His eyes were now sheding tears continuously.
He reaches to her held her shoulders and shakes her.

He starts his vomiting all his frustration....
R: kahan thi tum sanyu. Kahan kahan nai dhunda maine tumhe. Kahan chali gayi thi tum. Kaise rahi itne saal mere bina. Tumh as ek baar bhi meri yaad nahi aayi. Pari ki yaad nahi aayi. Chup kyun ho bolo. Kuch to bolo sanyu.
S:Tum kaun ho. Ye kya kar rahe ho chhodo mujhe. Mujhe apni car thik karni hai. (she says and goes near a tree and sat in its shed)

She has became just like kid. Her mind was blank. He stares her silently. He has wonders by her such attitude. He understands the situation when he remembered the words of the receptionist and also recognised that she has been im mental hospital for how long he also didn't know. After few minutes of complete silence he went near her and spoke.

R: kya hua thik nahi ho raha.
S: Tum kaun ho???? Tum bahut bure ho. Mujhe nahi baat karni tumse.
R: Main to tumhara friend hun. Wo kya hai na tumhe bahut dino se dekha nahi. Tum hi mujhe chhod k chali gayi thi.
S: sachi.. Maine aisa kiya tha???? To fir thik hai tum meri help karo.
R: haan friends to hote hi hein help karne k liye. Dikhao..
S: ye lo.
R: after fixing a small error says- see its done.
S: are haan ye to thik ho gayi. Thank you. Pataa hai mujhe na badaa mazaa aata hai in sabko thik karne mein. Tumhe bhi aata hoga na.

Randhir recognises their task of searching parts of their toy car and smiles a bit. After long time he has smiled with such happiness.
S: tum hass kyun rahe ho..
R: main.. Wo to isliye kyunki tumne mujhe gudgudi kiya.
S: kahan.. Maine to tumhe touch bhi nahi kiya.
R: uske liye thodi touch karna zaruri hai. Bas ungli ghumane ki der hai. Bataun kaise.
S: haan batao.

Randhir starts tickling her. Then she smiles and then laughs. More he tickles more she laughs louder n louder.. Watching her smiling and laughing, he's feeling like flying without wings.

After sometimes, he comes to the real world and senses that 2 make sanyu normal he has to know what had actually happened to her in past.

He then prepares to leave. Suddenly he is stuck in his position due to some tight grip on his hands.
While standing sanyu held his hand tightly with both her hands.
S: tum ja rahe ho mujhe chhod k. Tum to mere friend ho na. Please mujhe chhod k mat jao. Mujhe yahaan achha nahi lagta.
He again sat down, cupped her face and said
R: dont worry baby, mujhe thoda sa kaam hai. Wo khatam kar main tumhe lene aaunga. Hum yahaan se chale jayenge. Thik hai.
S: promise.
R: pakka promise.
He was about to leave when sanyu called him.
S: tumhara naam kya hai.
Randhir smiles and says MCP.
S: mcp, tum bahut achhe ho.
R: tum mujhse bhi zyada achhi ho.

Randhir leaves and sanyu again started experiments with her toy car.

Randhir rushes to NIMHAS(the hospital from where she is shifted). After reaching there he again inquires at reception..
R: who took care of this patient. (he asked showing sanyu's pic)
REC: (pointing to a lady) Wo vasudha hai wo sabka khayaal rakhti hein.

Randhir goes to her. She was sitting on a bench quitely. Randhir shows sanyu's pic to her.
R: aunty ap is ladki ko jaanti hein????
Va: haan bete.. Ye to bahut pyari bachi hai. Kabhi kisike saath ladai nahi, jhagda nahi. Bas apne kisi khilone ko pakad k baithi rehti hai. 8 saal pehle use yahaan admit kiya gaya tha. Bas bachon ki tarah bolti thi, uthna baithna sab bachpana tha. Use kuch bhi yaad nahi tha. Fir bhi mujhse bahut ghul mil gayi thi. Doctor bhi uski bimaari ka pataa nahi lagaa paaye. Tabse wo yahi thi. Bas aj hi ise manipal hospital bheja gaya hai.
R: ap bataa sakti hein ise kisne yahaan admit kiya tha aur usse contact kaise kar sakte hein.
She searches the register. Got sanyu's pic and gives randhir a name and address.
V: bete ek baat puchhun.
R: g aunty zarur. Main apke bete jaisa hi hoon to na.
V: beta, ye tumhari kaun hai. Tum kya lagte ho iske.
R: ye meri wife hai aur main iska husband hun.
V: beta iska achhe se khayaal rakhna.
R: aunty, meri zindagi mujhe dobara mili hai. Ab uske saath rehne ka uska dhyaan rakhne ka koi mauka haath se nai jaane dunga. Ap fikr mat kijiye aunty wo hamesha safe rahegi.
V: tum usse bahut pyar karte ho na.
R: g aunty. Par meri beti se kam. Usne mujhse waada liya hai na.
(Smiles)
V: hanesha khus raho beta.
R: ap jaisi maa ka haath sar pe rahe to har beta khus rahega.

He again rushes and reaches at the address. He got down from his car stands infront of the home and knocks the door. There comes a lady out and says "ji ap kaun. Kuch chahiye apko"
R: g, kya main mrs.mahalaxmi rao se mil sakta hun.
MR: g, main hi hun. Boliye.
R: (showing sanyu's pic) ap ise janti hein.
MR: haan. Andar aayiye. Baithiye.

Randhir comes and takes a seat.
MR: ap kuch lenge.
R: nahi. Wo sanyukta.(as he was too impatient to know about her)
MR: wo apki kaun hai.
R: g meri wife.
MR: haan main hi ise hoslital le gayi thi. Bahut buri haalat thi iski bechari jab wo mujhe mili.

Past.....
Mrs. Rao was returing to bangalore via delhi when she saw sanyu stuck in between trees. Shecwas senseless. Mrs. Rao asked her driver to help her. The driver took her out of the trees and managed her to make her to lay inside the car.

The took her to nearest hospital but there the doctors could hardly mend her wounds. Just a first aid because that was a very small place.

They then took her bangalore to a good hospital. There she had been operated for few weeks but still they could not do anything about her mental condition. They advised to admit sanyukta a mental asylum where she could get a better treatment. Therefore mrs. Rao admitted her to NIMHAS.

present....
After listening to all these, randhir realized that how much pain has sanyu gone through.
He then thanked mrs. Rao and went away.