Wings of Fire What if: Clearsight failed

A fanfiction made by @Fanartist31 and me(@WOFfanboy). ENJOY!

Prologue

Darkstalker P.O.V

  Clearsight reached for my arm and I thought it was over. That I had lost. But no, I felt an energy surge through me that moved my arm away just in time. I knocked the bracelet out of her talon and watched it roll off the side of the mountain.”NOOOO!” Clearsight screamed, lunging at the bracelet. But it was too late. The bracelet was gone. Clearsight dove after it but I went after her and tackled her midair. “WHAT DID YOU TRY TO DO TO ME!?!?!” I screamed as we tumbled through the sky. We hit the ground, knocking Clearsight unconscious. 

  I stood up and realized that Clearsight did not have my scroll.

  The only other person who knows about it is…

  Fathom. 

  I’ll kill him. I flew into the sky with a burning rage. My love and best friend both betrayed me on the same day. I flew to the night kingdom and saw that the kingdom was in panic. 

  Don’t they realize that I am their savior? They will once I get my scroll back. 

  I flew through the panicking dragons and saw two dragons flying towards the rainwing kingdom. One was Fathom and the other was Indigo. But I got rid of her, didn’t I? She was gone and there was no way to bring her back unless Fathom used his magic. Then I realized that she was the tool to make him use his magic. Why did I not notice that before? Maybe if I use her, he can still be my friend. 

  I could make him forget this whole incident and everything would be normal again. Just this time he will do what I tell him and he will listen to me. I catch up to him and Indigo and tackle him midair. Indigo tries to stop me but I hit her with my tail. I knock them both out of the sky and grab the scroll from fathom. The both of them hit the ground with a thud. Fathom landed on Indigo and she was knocked unconscious. Fathom looked up at me with fear in his eyes. 

  His mind flashed with the death and gore of when Albatross went crazy.

Just like him, just like him, just like him… His mind echoed as panicking thought ran through his head. “I won’t be like him,” I said calmly, trying to be comforting. “You just need to see me for who I really am.” I pulled my scroll out of his grip and retrieved an inkwell from my bag. I uncapped the inkwell and started writing. I wrote Make Fathom of the seawings agree with everything I do and think. He will no longer question what I do and will trust me. He will forget every fight we have ever had. The fear in Fathom’s eyes evaporated and he looked at me with admiration.  

  “Oh my moons, Darkstalker what… What is happening?” Fathom asked. “You see what I see. Everything will be okay now.” I said to Fathom. “Wait. Where is indigo?” Fathom asked. I look to where Indigo was and where she no longer is. She must have ran away while I was writing. No matter what, I will deal with her later. 

  I feel like I forgot someone…Clearsight! I forgot about her. But wait, she was hurt. She just needs to forget that. I dip my tolon in the ink and begin writing. Make clearsight forget every fight we have ever had, make her only see the good in me, and trust me. After you do this, bring her to me. I wait for just about a second and then Clearsight appears and I smile. “Darkstalker, my love, what are you doing here?” Clearsight asked. “I just had to be here. So much is going to change with you two at my side.” I say to them. I stare at the panicking Nightwings in the distance and look at my scroll. I am going to rule this continent and make it a better, safer, nicer world. No matter what.