Chapter 3

Whiteout P.O.V

  I sigh as I watch another Starflight leave as an explorer. I will miss him but I miss everyone. I pack up my things and leave the school. I fly home to jade mountain. I smile as I land in front of my cave and my Thoughtful playing with our children. We would have had them a long time ago but Darkstalker made me and Thoughtful immortal and we feared the time would make them go away and not us. 

  "Bright evening my sculpture" I greet Thoughtful. "Loveliest greetings to you as well." Thoughtful says. I put my satchel down and go to see my children and mate. I had twins, one is a girl and the other is a boy. Crescent has a white underbelly with pitchbalck scales on top. Sirius has a black underbelly and white on top. Both of them have the same star pattern on their wings and have a blue mouth. 

  "Greetings Mother." They speak simultaneously. Everyone but Darkstalker, Clearsight, and Fathom think they are creepy. They run over to me and hug my legs. But I pick them up and cuddle them in my arms. Thoughtful comes over and puts a wing around me and we nuzzle snouts. 

  But after that time seems to fly by as me and the rest of my family eat dinner and quickly go to bed. I lay there with my eyes open. This happens a lot. It has been happening ever since.... Something I can't remember. Maybe it will pop up in a dream if I try to fall asleep. After a while memories hit me hard and I remember a lot about what has happened the last 2,000 years.

  The sun warms me while the wind calms me with it's breeze. I hear wing beats and see Darkstalker land right next to me. 

  "Was my wedding that boring or is there something on your mind?" Darkstalker asks. "Something is apple cider on a slope in the moons. Some being has twisted the time and made things off." I replied. "I wonder what it could have been? Do you think that it might have to do with indigo?" Darkstalker asked. "The dragon could be any dragon brother." I explained. "Well, I can try to figure out who did it. But I want to finish my wedding so come on." I smile and fly off with Darkstalker to his wedding. 

  I open up my eyes for a second. It is hard to remember everything that has happened over two thousand years. At least Darkstalker stopped us from growing into the size of a mountain. I close my eyes and remember more. 

  After the wedding I waited for my brother to tell me who threw off the balance of time and reality. He landed next to and said "I figured out who did it." 

  "What being this did?" I ask. "I was right, it was Indigo. She was never supposed to escape." Darkstalker replied. "Where we find Indigo?" I ask. "I'll see where we can find her." Darkstalker said. "Kind thanks brother." I replied. "Your welcome" Darkstalker flew off and I smiled. At least there was one person in this world I could always trust. 

  I open my eyes and notice the sun is coming out. I am so close to something I have forgotten. So I close my eyes and try to sleep one more time. 

  I am staring at the students and there are tears in my eyes. The building is on fire and I could not save the students. It was because they could not understand what I was saying. But I can't die because of Darkstalker. I watch as the fire vanishes out of thin air and my brother runs into the classroom. He put a wing around me and asked "Are you ok?" 

  "Fine is me but the children are corpses...." I choked out. My brother hugged me harder and said "It's alright, it's not your fault." I sniffle and stop crying but I know that this is only the first of my traumas. Then I get an idea. "Brother, you could wrench my voice." I suggest. He immediately looks worried and says "Make your voice normal!? But that is what makes you... you!" 

  "Then make it that the voice switches chains anytime I can!" I shout at him feeling angry for some reason. He looks at me worried but pulls out his scroll and writes something down. The anger goes away and I... forget someone or something... either way my throat feels different. "Thank you Darkstalker." I say. It feels so foreign but I don't care. I can keep my students safe now. I look at him and see that he is sad. "Worry not, brother. I can still talk like past me." He looks up and chuckles. "Yes you can sister." We hug and I close my eyes. 

  I wake up to Thoughtful shaking me awake. "You were talking sleep." He says. I roll over and snuggle him. "Many thanks, Mate."