Chapter 2

Glory P.O.V

"GLORY, TIME TO WAKE UP!" Jumbu shouted. I wake up to that almost every morning. I roll off my hammock and stretch. I am now seven years old and can finally leave and have my own home. Jumbu is eight but decided to stay until I turned seven. I fly out of my room and take in my last day in my home. I notice that Jumbu's scales are gold instead of pink. I fly down next to him and ask "What are you hiding?"

"Nothing." He says playfully, giving me a grin.

I punch him in the shoulder and he laughs. "Okay, okay, I'll show you after suntime." He laughs. I chuckle and ask "You promise?"

"I promise but until then I have a whole plan for your seventh hatchday." Jumbu flies off the platform and beckons for me to follow him. I follow him to another platform that has all of my favorite fruits. Papayas, blueberries, and bananas. I gasp when I see the food. Jumbu notices and turns yellow with amusement. We land on the platform and devour the fruit.

After a while I feel something squishy hit my head. I look up and see Jumbu looking smug and holding pieces of squished banana. I pick up a pile of blueberries and glare at him, waiting for an opening, and launch the blueberries at him. He throws some squashed bananas back at me and we go back and forth until there is no more food. We looked at each other, both of us covered in fruits and we burst out laughing. When we recover from laughing we notice that it is almost sun time. I can't help the gold spread on my scales. I cannot wait to see what Jumbu has planned for me. "Alright. It's suntime." Jumbu says. He flies off to a hammock and I follow him. I snuggle up next to him and close my eyes. My dreams are different than usual. I keep on having dreams about war. I keep having dreams about a scroll I read. The scroll is called the dragonet prophecy. It is about a seawing,mudwing,nightwing,sandwing,and a rainwing going on an adventure to end a war against all odds. But the funny part is that the rainwing was supposed to be a skywing but they used the rainwing due to an emergency. Even better, the rainwing was named Glory. It was written by Queen Clearsight. I read the whole scroll but the odd thing is that the rainwing Glory, she fell in love with a Nightwing named Deathbringer. But every dragon knows that ever since the Arctic and Foeslayer incident all hybrids were banned except for king darkstalker and his sister whiteout. It was weird but made since everyone loves Darkstalker and Whiteout. After my weird dreams I wake up to find that Jumbu is already gone. I stand up and stretch, taking in the last little bit of sunlight before I jump off and go to find Jumbu. I fly for a while but before I find Jumbu he finds me. " Hello sleepyhead." He teases. I thunk him with my tail and laugh.

" Ok what is it you are hiding?" I ask. He smiles and flies really fast and I chase after him. We fly all the way to my favorite part of the rainforest. He lands in front of a bunch of vines and I land next to him. " Alrighty here it is.". He pulls on one of the vines and they all fall down revealing a house covered in my favorite flowers. I gasp and realize that Jumbu had built me a house. "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU."I screamed in joy. He smiled and said "your welcome."