ten

"She made me so mad that day! I mean, he basically threatened me, the fuck was I supposed to do?!"

Ti takes a piece of my hair and flat irons it, chiming in with, "She has a lot going on, but if it was me...I would've told her."

"Vic what do you think of this?"

Vicky looks into the mirror and places her eyelash on. "I don't know, I'm kinda glad you didn't say anything. These people are rich. What if he set you up to get killed for telling her?"

Ti busts out laughing at Vicky's statement shaking her head. "Vic, please! You really believe that?"

"You never know!"

Crossing my arms, I slouch back in the seat. "Ugh, this is a mess."

I didn't want to admit it to them but I was disappointed with Angela more than angry. The way she yelled at me kinda hurt and made me think back on how I used to get yelled at for little to nothing...

"Girl stop fucking moving before you get burned by this hot comb! Hopefully, me taking my wives out skating tonight helps clear everyone's minds."

"We your wives now?"

"Real bad," Ti says sticking her tongue out like Megan thee Stallion.

As we're getting ready, someone lightly knocks at the door.

Ti looks at me and I shrug as she asks, "Who is it?"

"It's Angela, is Omerettá there?"

Before Ti could go to the door, I beat her there. I already knew if she answered she was going to start saying craziness.

"Ugh, you're no fun. We want to meet herrrr."

"Uhn uhn."

Opening the door slightly, I see Angela standing with her arms crossed as if she was feeling tense. Her hair was cut into layers but it was cute with her face shape. I wasn't going to admit it though because I'm still a bit upset.

"Hey," she says softly.

"Why are you here?"

"I haven't heard from you in almost a week and I was beginning to worry...Can we talk?"

"No. I'm giving you all the space you wanted, remember?"

"Don't be like that."

I raise my eyebrow and cross my arms by her statement. "Don't be like that? So we just going to forget how you was acting jhi champ and went off on me? Yea, no."

Pushing the door almost closed, she places her hand on the door and keeps it open. She looks directly in my eyes stating, "Amaria, I'm not leaving without you hearing me out."

I look at her before rolling my eyes and closing the door behind me to try and listen.

"I...I want to apologize for yelling at you the last time we talked. The day you came over was when you saw me at one of my lowest points. I finally found out the true reason why Melvin and I had grown apart and it was just overwhelming..."