eight

꧁*。Omerettá *。゚꧂

"Make sure to turn in the assignment on Canvas before tomorrow night! Everyone needs to write at least one page on your opinions on Toni Morrison's "Recitatif!"

I wish all of my classes were easy like this African American Lit class. After class ended, I get up and start packing everything back in my bag before heading to the cafe.

Today was soul food Thursday which meant everybody and they mama was going to be in here to eat.

I get in line to get my food and find Ti and Vicky at a table studying and eating.

"Hey y'all."

"Heyyy," they both respond back.

Looking at Ti's outfit, I nod and ask, "Where you about to go Ti looking all cute and stuff?"

"I got a date with Michael in a few. I just put this on because I knew I wasn't going to have time to go back to my dorm and change before getting some to eat."

Vicky shakes her head and sighs. "I told her she could've ate at the restaurant but she didn't want to believe me. They paying for the food so you might as well order all the food you want!"

"I could have, but that food at them nice ass  restaurants don't be filling me up! The portions be so small!"

"You are right about that. I go back to my room hungry as fuck!"

"Y'all better learn to use these people and eat when y'all get full!"

We laugh in unison and continue to eat. I glance over at the crowd where I see all of the D9 organizations mixing and mingling. However the ones that stuck out to me the most were the Kappas.

My eyes meet with Jabari's and he waves over at me, smiling. I give him a wave back and glance away quickly trying not to smile.

Ti looks over at Jabari and back at me shaking her head. "Um Ms. Rettá girl, who was that you waving and giggling at?"

"You would know if you weren't drunk at their last party and his name is Jabari."

"Ohhh, I remember him a little. Mmm a Kappa. Watch out girl, my mama says they can be some else."

"Why does she say that?"

"They hoes, all Greek men are, especially them Ques."

Vicky takes the last sip of her Sprite and looks on the bright side saying, "He may be different Ti. All of them can't be that bad can they?"

"Hell you talm bout? They all bad!! Then we go to school where a lot of them were founded? Yea they think they hot shit."

That Atlanta accent sure does come out a lot...