twelve

Get comfy everybody because this is a long chapter 👀💁🏽‍♀️😌

Tomorrow was the day Angela and I leave for our trip to St. John and I was soooo excited. This is going to be my first trip ever so I don't really know what to expect.

The main thing I'm looking forward to is going to the beach. I never been before in person but it looks so peaceful when I see pictures or videos.

Tonight however, Ti and Vicky are taking me out. They never told me where we were going but mostly likely it's a club.

"Rettà, do you have everything packed and ready to go in the morning?"

Angela and I went on a shopping spree a few days ago and she bought almost everything I needed for the trip. I still don't fully understand why she's so nice to me but I try not to think too much of it.

"Yes, I'm getting ready to go out with Ti and Vic in a few."

I hear Angela coming up the stairs and she knocks before walking in, beaming as soon as she sees me. "Oh honey, you look so beautiful."

I smile and reply, "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Look over here for a second."

Glancing back at Angela, she takes an off guard picture of me with a camera, surprising me a bit.

"Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you I enjoy taking pictures sometimes."

"Can I see?"

"Aww it came out nice

"Aww it came out nice."

"Thank you. Are you going to meet up with them?"

"No, they're supposedly coming to pick me up."

"Oooo you know what that means."

"What does that mean?"

Leaning on the doorway, she crosses her arms giggling, "You're either getting tipsy or drunk tonight."

Nervously laughing, I shake my head. "No, they won't do me like that."

"It always happens like that; and then it happens to be your birthday week? I'll have some Gatorade or Pedialyte for you in the morning."

"Mhm."

Angela comes over and brushes my hair in the back admitting, "I'm not trying to scare you honey, just letting you know. I don't know them that well but 9 times out of 10 if Vicky has the keys, you already know what to expect. Your other friend Ti doesn't seem like the designated driver type...she seems like she can get buck wild..."

"What if I don't want to drink though?"

"Do you trust them?"

Honestly, I don't trust many people but I'm starting to trust them and Angela somewhat.