thirteen

꧁*。Angela *。゚꧂

"Thinking about the entire situation breaks my heart. It's been on my mind all damn night Kat."

"I know Ange, I know..."

"It all makes sense now with how she acts; especially with her not being affectionate."

"Don't you hug her though?"

"Yes, but it took some time to get there. With everything she's went through she just needs some love and nurturing Kat. I hope she likes the gifts I have for her birthday," I say while glancing at all the gifts and boxes.

"She probably will. You know, I've always wondered why you get attached to people so quickly."

"I do not! But...I feel like I am now. I just can't believe how some people would love to have their own children while others are doing these awful things to them. It's not fair..."

"You're right about that. Shit, I'm being paged. I have to get back on call Ange."

"Okay sis."

"And have a good time for me in St. John! I wish I was there right about now because these interns are driving me crazy..."

I chuckle and reply, "Oh they just want to learn from the best anesthesiologist and we can go somewhere, you just let me know when you're free."

"Alright, love you."

"Love you to!"

After I hang up the phone, I tie the last balloon and place it on the ground with the others. I had finally finished setting up the birthday gifts for Omerettà. She really liked shoes and I noticed she didn't carry a purse much so that was what I based her gifts off of. I made sure to get one big enough she can fit her laptop and school supplies in if she wanted to.

Omerettà walks into the room, rubbing her eyes as if she was still sleepy, and I exclaim, "Happy Birthdayyyy!!!"

I throw confetti in the air as Omerettà smiles. "Thank you." She glances around asking, "What is all this?"

Her morning voice was so raspy, it caught me off guard a little.

"Your birthday gifts!"

"All of this?"

"Yes!"

She goes over and takes in everything, smiling as she picks up the purse. "Oh this a grown woman purse!"

Laughing, I reply, "You are something else. Check the inside."

Omerettà reaches into the purse pulling out the stack of money, as her mouth drops.

"H-how much is this?"

"$5,000. I was thinking you need to open a savings account so when we make it back to D.C, you will have this to open it."