fifteen

"Alright, is that all of your suitcases and bags?"

"I think so," I say putting my big suitcase on my bed.

This entire week in St. John was sooooo fun and exciting, from the zip lining, the beach, and even just relaxing taking in the views. Sadly, classes start back tomorrow so back to my regularly scheduled program I go.

"Let me get a hug before I go."

Angela pulls me in a hug and I chuckle saying, "You're acting like I'm not going to see you next weekend."

"Well Rettá, I have to be honest with you, it may be a while until I can see you again. My board directors gave me some unexpected news that we're going to have to work at least double to solve it."

"A while? How long is a while?"

"It's looking like maybe a month."

A month?!?!

"Oh."

"Hey, but if there is an emergency, you need anything or just want to talk, you can always call me, okay?"

"Okay..."

Angela takes notice in my change of mood and changes the subject asks, "So, did you like your birthday trip?"

"Like? I loved it! I've neverrrr had that much fun before. Then it was so many firsts for me."

"Aww, I'm glad you enjoyed it sweet pea. We're definitely going to have to do it again but to someplace new."

I smile and there was a knock on my door.

"You're expecting someone?"

"It's probably just Ti or Vicky. I told them I was coming back today."

Getting up from my bed, I go to open the door and to my surprise it was Jabari, holding something to the side as if he was hiding something.

"Jabari?"

"Hey, I didn't think you were going to answer the door for a second. I've been trying to get in contact with you but your roommate told me you were gone."

"Yea, I just got back on campus,"

"I saw your birthday was on Monday and I just wanted to get you something. Happy late Birthday."

He then reveals to me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I've never gotten flowers from anyone...

"Oh my God, they're soooo pretty! Thank you, I really appreciate them

"Oh my God, they're soooo pretty! Thank you, I really appreciate them."

He spots out Angela in the back and his eyes widen. "Uh my bad, I didn't know you had family here."

"No, i-t-it's fine! Jabari this...this is my mom Angela. Mom this is Jabari."

Angela was quick to control her facial expressions as she says, "It's so nice to meet you."