I Don't Belong

-Veronica's POV-

Mal, Evie, and I were in our dorm. Evie was tightening my dress, while Mal was watching us. My blond hair with blue tips was pulled into a side bun.

"Can't breathe," I said, trying to catch my breath.

"You can breathe after the cotillion," Evie responded, looking at my dress.

"No, I can't, I have like twenty different events after this, and I can't remember what a single one of them is." I ranted, huffing at the end.

"Sis, calm down. You look beautiful, you can get through this, I promise." Mal encouraged, causing me to show a little smile. I gasped and ran over to my bed, I pulled out two books. My spellbook, and a green book that I needed to read. I flipped to the marked spell I needed.

"Read it fast, at lighting speed. Remember everything I need." I recited, opening up the green book and putting the spell into action. I started moving my finger up and down the pages of the book, all the information staying in my head.

"I know Veronica's secret to fit in, and Ben would not like it one bit," Evie said, watching my speed read. Mal nodded at Evie in agreement.

"Come on, you guys. You saw how I was before I started using my spellbook, I was a mess." I argued, focusing on the green book.

"Veronica, don't you think you and Ben have enough secrets between the two of you?" Mal asked, she pulled my spellbook from my lap. I pouted my lips a little, looking at Mal and Evie.

"This." Evie said, motioning to my spellbook." Belongs in the museum along with Mal's spellbook and my mirror."

"Put the pout away, you know we're right," Mal said. I sighed and looked down at my hands.

"Look who's on TV!" Evie squealed, of course, it was me. The reporter said a couple of things, one about me loving blueberries, but one really hit me.

"No one thought that King Ben and his girlfriend from the wrong side of the bridge would last." The reporter said.

"Yeah, no kidding." I huffed.

"Guys, don't you ever think about what we'd be doing if we were on the Isle?" I asked, looking at my black leather jacket with blue flames on it.

"No," Mal said.

"You don't miss breaking the rules?" I asked again.

"You mean stealing, lying, and fighting?" Evie said, looking over at me.

"Yeah," I answered.

"No, we're Auradon girls now."Evie said, pulling me over to the mirror." We live in Auradon now, and it's a land of opportunity. We can be whatever we want to be here."

"Yeah, it's amazing here." Mal said, wrapping her arms around my shoulders." Let's just leave the past in the past, okay?" 

"And look at the shoes," Evie said, pulling out a pair of boots.

"Killer," Mal said.

"Yeah." I said, trailing off."Killer."

"Well, it's time for class, and I have dress fittings scheduled in later today, so we have to go," Evie said.

__________________________________________________

Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos, and I walked to our classes

Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos, and I walked to our classes. I was looking around, seeing if I could spot Ben. All kinds of girls were wooing over Jay as we walked by.

"Why torture them?" Carlos asked."Just pick one to take to the Cotillion."

"Can't, I'm going solo. That way, I can dance with all of them." Jay responded.

"You're a genius. But, if you were going to take someone, what would be the best way to ask them?" Carlos asked, I already knew he was referring to Jane.

"Look, all you got to do, is look like me," Jay said smugly, with the same smirk on his face.

"Oh, haha." Carlos sarcastically laughed. Just then, Jane walked up to us, I knew I was about to get ambushed with questions.

"Hey!" Jane greeted, Carlos was practically making heart eyes at her.

"Hey, Jane. I was uh-did you like the carrot cake last night?" Carlos stupidly asked, I mentally facepalmed.

"I actually had the pumpkin pie," Jane answered.

"Smooth, dude," I said as my friends and I walked away.

__________________________________________

"Veronica!" Jane called out, I looked over to her, immediately noticed the tablet in her hand.

"Yeah?" I asked, trying not to lose it.

"I need you to list the party favors for the cotillion. So as much I hate to uh, um. You know-" Jane said when I cut her off.

"Bug me?" I asked.

"Yeah," Jane replied

'Took late for that.' I thought to myself, mentally rolling my eyes. Jane started listing off what she had, I was barely listening. She kept on going on about whatever she was saying, I was too busy thinking about the Isle, My home.

And something in me just snapped there, my eyes started to glow an ocean blue color. I closed my eyes, calming myself down. I looked at Jane, who looked scared. And for some odd reason, seeing her scared made me feel good.

"I say pen toppers," I said, calming down.

"Yeah?"  Jane asked.

"Yeah." I clarified, my voice cracking.

"You won't regret it." Jane beamed. Just then, Evie, Mal, and Lonnie walked over.

"Hey, sis." Mal greeted, I just gave a small wave to them.

"I have on opening at three, who wants?" Evie asked.

"Me!" Loonie exclaimed than she looked over at Jane." Sorry."

"Great! I'll take you later." Evie said.

"I can't wait to see what your wedding looks like!" Jane squealed.

"Yeah-wait, what?!" I exclaimed.

"The royal cotillion is like getting engaged, to be engaged, to be engaged!" Jane said like it was no big deal.

"Aww!" Mal cooed.

"I knew it!" Evie said.

"What! I didn't know, how come nobody told me?! Is my whole life just planned-" I stopped talking when I felt a presence behind me. Of course, it was Ben.

"Hey." Ben greeted.

"Hi, Ben!" Mal, Evie, Lonnie, and Jane exclaimed in unison. I gave them a small glare.

Jane pulled Ben aside from us, and we parted ways from one another. I sighed, thinking about the Isle again. I wonder what's going on there.

Word Count-984:0