The fight and Preparations

-Veronica's POV-

We all tried to run away, but Uma and her crew stopped us. Lonnie threw us our swords, and we all started sword fighting.

Uma and I were swinging our swords at each other, Gil and Ben were brawling it out, Jay and Harry, and Mal, Evie, Carlos, and Tamara were battling the other members in Uma's crew.

As I was swinging my sword, Uma swung her sword towards my stomach, almost cutting me. But before she could, I quickly stepped back, her sword missed me by an inch.

As I was swinging my sword, Uma swung hers towards my stomach, almost cutting me. But before she could, I quickly stepped back, her sword missing me by an inch.

"Carlos, throw them!" I yelled, then Carlos swiftly threw the smoke bombs. I stepped on Uma's sword, then I ran to the pipe.

"No!" Uma yelled, running after us. Evie threw one last smoke bomb, then we all ran. I stayed behind and looked at Uma for a second, then I broke the bridge connecting Uma's ship to the large pipe.

"What's my name? What's my name? What my name?! Say it now."

I gave the crew one final glance, then I heard my name being called.

"Veronica!" Ben yelled, causing me to turn around. Ben and I ran to the limo, tossing our swords in the trunk, then we quickly in.

I sat in the back with Mal, Ben, Evie, Carlos, and Dude. It was very quiet, an awkward silence. That is until Ben decided to break it.

"Veronica? I'm sorry things didn't go the way you planned." Ben said.

"It's fine," I said, not really wanting to talk about it right now.

"At least I go to see the Isle, they're my people, too. Uma helped me realize that." Ben said, which really shocked me.

"Ben, Uma captured you," I said, making a face of disbelief.

"Awkward." Dude suddenly said, causing us all to give him a small glare.

"Dude, just because you can talk doesn't always mean you should." Carlos scolded.

When we finally got back to Auradon, it seemed so foreign to me. Even though I wasn't on the Isle too long, I got used to everything being so run down.

"Ben, there you are!" Jane exclaimed, walking up to him. I didn't hear their conversation, something about cotillion, most likely.

"Are you sure you wanna go?" Ben asked softly, pulling me from my thoughts. I shrugged my shoulders, to be honest, I wasn't sure if I was going. Ben walked away, leaving me and the Vks alone.

"Let's talk," Evie said, Mal nodded and we turned around.

"No." Carlos said, causing us to all look at him, "we're tired of you huddling away for your girl talk."

"I'm not." Jay protested, and Carlos hit him on the shoulder.

"We're your family, too. And we've been through a lot together, we're not stopping that now." Carlos said, then he sat down on the grass, and patted next to him, "c'mon."

We all sat down in a circle, looking at each other.

"I don't know how to start girl talk," Carlos said.

"What up?" Jay asked, causing Mal and Evie to laugh lightly.

"I'm a mess." I said, tearing up, "I'm such a mess. I mean, six months ago I was stealing candy from babies and now everyone expects me to be this lady of the court, and I sent to know how to keep up the act."

"Then don't," Carlos said.

"This is dumb," Jay said, trying to get up.

"Maybe it wasn't." Evie piped in, "I've tried to forget the past, I really did. But I couldn't. We're from the Isle, and we'll never be like anyone else here, and that's okay."

"And there's no hiding it," Mal added, smiling at me.

"Tell you what, I'll make adjustments to your dress, and if you feel like it, only if you feel like it, it'll be ready for you to take to the cotillion," Evie said.

"Thanks, E," I said, smiling lightly at my friend. Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos, got up, leaving me in my spot in the grass.

"Come to cotillion tonight." Jay said, sitting next to me again, "and if you can't stand another day, I'll drive you back myself."

"Thank you, Jay," I said, to whack he responded with a curt nod. He got up, patted my shoulder, then he walked away.

"Guess I'm going to cotillion tonight," I whispered to myself, smiling lightly.

Word Count-718 :0