Snow Day

It was a cold day in the kingdom. Rapunzel and Eugene were out in the town, walking among the townsfolk. The two were having a great time, walking in and out of stores, laughing with the people, and even just being in the presence of each other. Later into the day, snow began to lightly fall from the sky. Eugene, a hater of the snow, shivered at even the thought of it. Of course, he just wanted to be inside, all warm and cozy with no snow to ruin anything.

"Hey Sunshine, maybe we ought to head back to the castle?" Eugene slightly touched Rapunzel's shoulder before asking this, trying not to alarm her.

"Hm?" Rapunzel turned around to spot Eugene with one hand on her shoulder and one wrapped around his own torso.

"Eugene? You alright?" She turned to face her body towards him, allowing one of her hands to hold the one that lay on her shoulder. Her other hand reached his face and rested on his cold cheek.

"Just a bit chilly," he replied with slight shivers in his voice.

"Maybe we should return to the castle, don't want you catching a cold."

The two headed back towards the castle, hand in hand. Occasionally smiling at each other while thinking the other wasn't noticing, they reached their destination and headed inside quickly.

The two adventured through the halls until they reached their room. Rapunzel led Eugene through their room and to the bed, lying him down. She allowed her hand to slightly brush over his freezing cheeks, wishing she could help him warm up quicker.

"I-I'll go get you some hot chocolate!" Rapunzel quickly headed for the door but was stopped by the sound of a voice.

"Wait... come back."

She turned around and walked towards Eugene, kneeling towards the bed. Eugene smirked mischievously until grabbing onto Rapunzel and bringing her close to him on the bed.

"What are you doing!?" She giggled a bit through her words, getting tickled by Eugene.

"I just need some cuddles and I'll be alright," he set his chin on top of her short, brown hair.

The two laid there for a while in complete silence, just enjoying the company of each other. After a bit of time passed, Rapunzel broke the silence.

"Feeling warmer?" She looked at him and smiled softly at him, making his heart flutter a bit.

"I do now," He brought her in closer and hung onto her tighter, so tight it was amazing how she was still breathing.

"Good to hear," She smiled once more at him, placing a finger on his nose and booping it quickly. How she could make him love her even more, he never really knew but learned not to question it anymore.

They stayed close the rest of the time until they both ended up dozing off, keeping each other within range. They kept close throughout the rest of the day and night, keeping the other warm through the snowy weather.

*501 words