Day in the Wrong Clothes

Rapunzel had lived in a tower for 18 years of her life, separated from any and all people. Back in Corona, her true home, she was always surrounded by people. She loved this, of course, but there was always one person that stuck out from the rest to her. Eugene. She had always wanted to play a prank on him, just because of how she enjoyed his company the most. One fateful morning, she decided that it would be the day she attacked.

The sun fell into the room of Rapunzel and Eugene, waking both of them up. Eugene had captain of the guard duties to do early that morning, leaving him to get out of bed first. He stretched before going to his dresser to reach for his cloth-, where did his clothes go? He wondered, a bit confused after he searched all the dressers. Rapunzel could be heard in the quiet room, giggling to herself. Eugene had taken a big sigh under his breath that could only leave a smile on his face. He headed for Rapunzel's side of the bed and bent over to see a princess laughing her heart out.

"So you're the little troublemaker..." Eugene chuckled and ruffled Rapunzel's hair, his palm resting on top of her short, brown hair.

Rapunzel didn't say anything in return but only giggled.

"I'm gonna need those clothes back though, sunshine, I have some duties to do today,"

Rapunzel only shook her head and quickly hid her head underneath the covers. However, she didn't think much about the thickness of her defense because Eugene could just tickle her until she surrendered.

"All right... all right..." She laughed between her words, Eugene always liked to see the more carefree side of Rapunzel. "However, I can't seem to recall where I put your clothes..." She smirked at him mischievously while placing her fingers under her chin. Eugene's face went frozen at the thought of him going to do his duties in his night clothes.

"Rapunzel... darling..." Eugene said with a bit of panic in his voice, "please spare me," he grabbed Rapunzel's hands and stared at her with those eyes she could never refuse. In response, she only made strange sounds, she was only trying to resist his face.

"Ugh... just wear my clothes..." Rapunzel wasn't even thinking when she said this, but once it was said, there was no coming back from it. She quickly hopped out of bed and started squealing, dragging poor Eugene with her.

Rapunzel put Eugene in many different outfits she owned that she thought would look good, but they just turned out to be the opposite. Eugene decided to settle with a pair of jeans that were too tight and a pink shirt that was oversized for Rapunzel but was almost perfect for Eugene. Almost.

Throughout the day, Rapunzel would spot Eugene and tease him about his choice of clothing (not like he really had a choice). A few of the guards also chuckled about his outfit, but Eugene just tried to ignore them. He himself was thinking of giving Rapunzel a taste of her own medicine, wanting her to feel defeated. Yet, he didn't really think it through.

The next morning, before Rapunzel was awake, Eugene searched the dresser and found his clothes back. He sighed in relief and shiftly took Rapunzel's clothes and hid them just as she did. When Rapunzel had awoken from her slumber, she kissed Eugene on the forehead before getting up and heading to the dresser. When she saw her clothes missing, she instantly climbed over into bed and basically piled on top of Eugene, placing her head on his and her torso on his side.

"Eugene..." She groaned and shook him, having a feeling he was actually awake. It didn't take long for Eugene to turn around to face Rapunzel, his eyes still closed but his mouth smiling. Rapunzel gently shook him more until he opened his eyes. Eugene only chuckled at first until he opened his eyes soon after.

"Where are my clothes...!?" Rapunzel sounded like a baby whining. Eugene could only smile at her reaction.

"Answer me Fitzherbert!" She pouted and quickly grabbed a pillow and started hitting him with it. Eugene broke her violence by grabbing the pillow and putting it back up, sitting back up in the process.

"You know, Sunshine, this is what I like to call revenge," Eugene could only smirk while he said these words, leaving an unpleasant princess.

"But..." She ended up stumbling her words and heading face first into the pillow.

"There's always my clothes," Eugene picked her head up and faced it towards him, cupping her cheeks gently.

"Bring it."

The two were back in the same situation as before, except this time it went by a lot faster. Rapunzel just ended up wearing a sweatshirt of his and some black shorts. However, the shorts reached down to her knees, but the sweatshirt fit like a charm.

Rapunzel was overall comfortable throughout the whole day with Eugene's clothes. Eugene was a bit upset about this, not really thinking about his plan thoroughly. Later that night, Rapunzel entered their room only to find Eugene laying in bed. Rapunzel climbed on top of him and giggled uncontrollably.

"I think we should switch clothes more often," her face lit up as a smile emerged from her face. Eugene could only sigh and admit defeat. Rapunzel ended up falling asleep with Eugene's clothes, ending up extremely comfortable. Eugene held her close and ran his fingers through her hair, smiling softly at the one close to him.

*934 words