Hold on Close

"I think I fall in love with you everyday."

Rapunzel chuckled at Eugene's sentence. He said it so naturally that she was a bit jealous of his way with words. The two sat at a small, circular table that was placed in their room. Eugene kept looking at Rapunzel with stars in his eyes. She wasn't sure what was with him today. It was like he was just falling in love for the first time.

"Rapunzel, I..." Eugene gulped and gently placed his hand onto hers. Rapunzel looked up from her book with intrigued eyes. "Today, let's just make it about us, just you and m-"

A knock had met the door. Rapunzel patted Eugene's hand and pulled it to the side. "Give me a second," her smile calmed Eugene's spirits as he put his hands back to his side.

The visitor was none other than the king himself. He waved to Eugene and took the princess away from him to do some duties. Soon, Eugene was left sitting in the room by himself. It took about forty five minutes to an hour for Rapunzel to return to the room. She entered the room without trying to make much noise, for when she entered, she saw Eugene laying in the bed. She believed he was sleeping and she went to the bed and tried to see if he was actually sleeping, but she ended up falling on top of him. Eugene shot up as if his life was in danger, if he wasn't sleeping before, that definitely would have woken him up.

Rapunzel chuckled nervously at the suddenly panicked Eugene. Eugene could only sigh at the moment, relieved nothing bad was going on. He looked at the uneasy princess that left a soft look on his face.

Eugene tucked a dangling piece of brown hair behind Rapunzel's ear, leaning in towards her to meet her ear. "I've been waiting for you..." The way he whispered this sent a chill down Rapunzel's spine. She didn't quite understand the magical abilities Eugene possessed that could do this to her, but was willing to believe anything. If magic, golden hair that could heal any wound, then Eugene could have a special quality that makes him different from everyone else.

Eugene looked at the girl with pure love in his eyes before leaning into her lips with his. The mood was perfect. That is, until Stan the guard came busting in the room. The mood was now just plain awkward.

"Am I... disturbing something?" Stan gulped and backed up a bit.

"Kinda, but what do I know?" Eugene huffed and let his chin rest on his palm. His look told Rapunzel everything about how he was feeling.

Stan then stated that he needed the princess for a duty requested by a citizen of the kingdom. Eugene sighed as Rapunzel agreed to come, ruffling Eugene's hair before leaving. Eugene was a bit sour about her leaving but he enjoyed the way she parted ways with him at the moment.

Once again, Rapunzel was back in the room during a certain time limit that, once again, spanned forty five minutes to an hour. Eugene sighed as the princess came back into the room. He sat straight up in the bed, waiting for her to return to his side. When she did, she whispered something in his ear.

"You've got 10 minutes," She bit her lip and set her glance on the figure in front of her. Eugene chuckled and grabbed onto the girl by the waist, pulling her closer.

"Just 10 minutes?"

"Well, when I come back after you have the rest of the day."

The two chuckled at Rapunzel's statement and pressed their foreheads together. Eugene raised Rapunzel up onto his lap and looked at her dreamingly before exchanging a kiss with her. Hearts were left fluttering, stomachs filled with butterflies. It felt as if they were both a part of each other, swimming in the love of one another. The connection made them feel as if they were floating through the air, safe and secure. It was as if they were addicted to each other, wanting more and being unable to resist. Yet, they both ended up pulling away due to loss of breath. Panting, they both kept gazes on each other.

"Five more minutes," Rapunzel took a grip on Eugene's cheeks and playfully pulled on them. He could only silently laugh at her while holding on closer to her.

"That's enough time."

The two resumed their kiss that only led to more deep feelings. Eugene held onto Rapunzel's back to keep her stable, while Rapunzel allowed her arms to travel around his neck. Their lips brushed together that only made each other crave more. Soft, slow motions of the lips only brought more yearn for each other's touch. Before they knew it, they only had one minute left together. The two only looked at each other with love before they parted.

Left alone once more, Eugene stared at the ceiling. He could only think about those kisses and how much he yearned for them more and more. A sigh escaped his mouth that left a smile on his face. He couldn't wait for Rapunzel to return.

*873 words