Bedtime Things

Night was slowly falling onto the kingdom of Corona. Eugene was heading back to his and Rapunzel's room after a long, hard day of work. He ended up face first in a pillow within the few seconds he was even in the room. Rapunzel wore a confused look towards Eugene. Heading over to him, she rested her hand on his back and rubbed it gently.

"Hard time today?" she smiled gently even if he couldn't see. He only returned the question with groans, turning back over on his back.

Rapunzel looked around the room, trying to think of a way to maybe help him become more relaxed and less stressed. She first spotted her easel and a few paintbrushes. She thought about painting with him, but decided to pass the idea because of Eugene's own artistic skills. Looking to the left of her art supplies, she spotted her guitar. She didn't really think it would be a good time for music though. Finally, it hit her. A book laid on her bedside table that had a cover of blue and purple.

She took the book into her grasp and opened it to the first page. She read over the page before reading it out loud. The room was only filled with the sound of her calming voice. Eugene looked up at her and had a slightly confused expression stretched across his face.

"What's this for?" he chuckled softly and laid his head on her lap, looking up at the girl.

"Just wanted you to feel... relaxed," she wore a  smirk on her face and ruffled his brown hair, leaving it messy.

Hours went by like seconds with the two together. Rapunzel's relaxing voice filled the atmosphere. Eugene laid as comfortable as he was drowsy on her lap. During her readings, Rapunzel played with Eugene's hair and twirled it around playfully.

Eugene snuggled up against Rapunzel like she was a pillow, occasionally asking her ridiculous questions about the story he found funny. Rapunzel could only sigh and answer his questions, shaking her head in disbelief of how childish he could be. This only left him with laughter and her with shock. Eventually, the dark sky lit up with bright stars that almost made it seem like it wasn't even night. Eugene was basically knocked out, not seeming like he would wake up soon. When Rapunzel noticed this, she finished up the paragraph where she was and put the book to the side. Lightly picking up Eugene's head and placing it on the pillow was her next objective. However, it didn't work out well when Eugene struggled to open his eyes and saw Rapunzel as soon as he could see.

"Well, hello to you too," he snickered at the princess which only resulted in her letting go of his head.

"There could have been a nicer way to wake someone up but I'll let it slide," Eugene's head now laid on the pillow he was supposed to be asleep on, but now he seemed fully awake.

"And waking up like that might not be the most popular choice but who knows."

"Eh," Eugene smirked and raised his eyebrows almost as if he was proud of his achievement.

Rapunzel now positioned herself under the covers along with Eugene. Shortly after, the two were cuddled up together. Eugene laid his head on her shoulder, while her own head rested on top of his. Holding hands under the covers, Rapunzel was enjoying the calm atmosphere of the two. Yet, she was soon attacked by tickles that targeted her stomach. Of course, the attack was led by none other than Eugene Fitzherbert. Giggles and laughter filled the atmosphere that fateful night, leaving all spirits high throughout the rest of the kingdom.

*625 words