Needed Time Together

The sun shined through the windows of the castle, shining especially bright in Rapunzel and Eugene's room. The light hit Eugene's eyes and basically forced him to wake up. He groaned for a while and then turned around to see the love of his life fast asleep. He smiled sweetly at the passed out Rapunzel and slid one of her loose brown hair strands behind her ear. Rapunzel squirmed a bit at the moment but didn't fully wake up until she felt Eugene drawing little hearts on her palm.

"Well good morning to you too," Rapunzel yawned and stretched out under the blankets.

"Morning sunshine," Eugene, being himself, grabbed Rapunzel by the waist and pulled her towards him, kissing her forehead right after. "Anything on the agenda today?"

"Huh?" Rapunzel groaned, not being fully awakened yet. "Ugh, I don't wanna be royal today..." She whimpered and whined like a puppy that just wanted attention, yet she still got that attention from Eugene.

"Well, you can talk to your parents about that, but then they are the king and queen." He chuckled a bit at his own statement that only left Rapunzel with more groaning.

While Rapunzel was left with her problems waking up, Eugene wanted to head to the kitchen just to get a small morning snack. However, Rapunzel didn't seem to agree with the idea of him leaving, holding onto his arm when he tried to get out of the bed.

"No... it's too early..." She held onto his arm like it could result in her life, not showing any signs of letting go.

"You're the princess, I won't argue with you." He sighed dreamingly and laid back in the bed with Rapunzel close to him. Moments like this were hard to come due to Rapunzel's princess duties. Cuddles and giggles were shared before Rapunzel had to be taken by her duties, leaving Eugene alone in their bed. He didn't have any royal guard duties today, he had a day off but couldn't even see Rapunzel.

Throughout the day, Eugene took a stroll around the town and looked through many different shops, searching for something for Rapunzel. His search had ended once he found a necklace which had a yellow stone in the center that hung on a purple string. Once he bought it along with a gift bag, he headed back towards the castle, happy with what he had done today.

Later into the day, when the sun was about to set, Rapunzel made her way back to their room, looking slightly stressed as she dropped face first on the bed. Eugene was near the mirror until he heard a loud thump and turned around to see her laying down.

"Tough day?" Eugene slightly chuckled under his breath as he went to sit next to the princess. She only groaned in return for his question.

"May I sweep you off your feet tonight?" He
tucked a hair behind her ear and smiled softly, hoping for a yes. Rapunzel chuckled and sat up in response.

"I'd love it if you did."

In response, Eugene literally swept her off her feet and picked her up bridal style. He carried her to the center of the room and placed her down carefully, swiftly putting his hands on her waist after turning on some music. Rapunzel chuckled and put her hands around his neck. The two danced for what seemed like hours. When Rapunzel set her gaze to the window, she noticed how much time had passed.

"Gosh, it's getting dark..." She bit her under lip slightly and looked back at Eugene. "Let's call it a night," She lightly padded Eugene's chest before heading towards the bathroom.

Eugene quickly stopped her from moving forwards by grabbing onto her hand.

"I got you something, why don't you open it first?"

Rapunzel turned around with a confused smile but didn't seem to question it. Eugene picked up a bag that laid on the dresser and placed it in her hands. She quickly opened it and gasped once she saw a beautiful necklace. Eugene could only smile at her reaction as she grabbed the necklace and squealed a bit.

"Thank you," She hugged him tightly around his waist and he returned the feeling by leaving a kiss on her forehead.

"Anything for you," He winked and she could only sigh at this. He chuckled a bit and held onto her closer.

*736 words