𝚝𝚜-𝟷𝟿

(author's note: i HATE doing these notes but just to let y'all know— this is a super long chapter since it's the last episode of season 1)

Sage stared at the bright light that seeped out into the Georgia night air. The bright LED lights turned off and they all jumped at their chance to rush in.

"Daryl, you cover the back." Shane orders, and Sage frowns, not really wanting to leave his side after what had happened.

"Go on. Go in, baby." He urged her, giving the blonde a reassuring look. Sage bites her lip in hesitation but nods, following the others inside.

"Hello?" Rick asks, the empty room. "Hello?"

"Close those doors. Watch for walkers." Dale said, and Sage glanced back at Daryl who close the stores, but stuck by them incase.

"Hello?" Rick asks again, and the sound of a gun cocking back made them jump collectively. Sage turns, pointing her gun to find a man in navy blue sweatpants, a t-shirt, and a gun in his hands which was pointed at the rather large group. Charlie growls loudly, about ready to pounce.

"Call your dog off." The man before them ordered to no one in particular. Sage hesitates before whistling lowly. The dog's attention went from the man to his owner. Charlie settled, trotting over to Sage who pet him lovingly. "Anybody infected?"

"One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick said honestly.

"Why are you here? What do you want?" The stranger questioned, stepping down the stairs to get closer.

"A chance." Rick swallowed.

"That's asking an awful lot these days." The man said, unsure of the request.

"I know." Rick agreed. Finally, the stranger's eyes wander around the room, studying the people of the group before him.

"You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission."

"We can do that." Rick said, and the doctor immediately lowers his gun, Sage copying his motion.

"You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes, it stays closed." The men then all go out and grab everyone's things while Dale watch their backs and the doors.

Sage, who was shaken up with her walker encounter, sat with Charlie, who rests his head on her shoulder, nuzzling her closely.

Lori stood by her, patting her back and asking if she was alright. Sage only nods in reply, she was too spooked to use her voice.