𝟷𝟾 𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚞𝚝

"So," Rick leans back in this chair as they sat by the campfire

"So," Rick leans back in this chair as they sat by the campfire. One of the few things Sage could do was sit all day long, so she joined guard duty with a few members that were in rotation. She mostly joined everyone aside from Andrea and Shane. "When were you going to tell me Shane has been harassing you?"

Sage's smile instantly disappears, her breath was caught in her throat. "Uh.. Who told you?"

"Dale. Does it matter?" Rick tilts his head as he peered over at the girl. She was nervously sipping on water from her canteen.

Smacking her lips lightly, Sage screws the cap on the container before answering. "I wasn't planning on telling you." She could tell Rick was about to react, so she quickly continues. "You had too much on your plate, Rick. I was handling it."

"He punched a dent in the RV, Sage. Right where your head was." Rick reminds her, upset she's been lying. "You're the one who I'm supposed to trust. You're the one who isn't supposed to lie to me."

"Well that depends on how you define lying." Sage shrugs, trying to be funny during a serious matter.

"Sage.." Rick sighs, his hand running over his face. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I told you, Rick. You had a lot going on, I had a lot going on... and I had it handled. I can't run to you everytime Shane and I have a disagreement." Sage explained. "You know that."

Rick stared at her for a long moment before nodding. "I want to know about these things, Sage. He might have this leave this group soon."

Sage raised an eyebrow, almost amused with an idea. "What? You gonna dump him in the middle of nowhere?"

Rick shrugs, looking as if she had guessed right.

"Okay I was kidding—" Sage leans forward in her seat, looking Rick in his blue iris'. "What else is going on? Because it can't just be what's going on between me and him."

Rick breathes sharply through his nose, his lips tugging ever so slightly into a smile. She knew him too well. "He's been messing with Lori apparently."

"About the baby?" Sage gave an educated guess. Rick nods in confirmation. "So you plan on just confronting him about everything?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, you know if you tell Shane to back off, he's going to try and kill you, right?" Sage informed him, as if what she was saying was obvious.

"He's not gonna do that." Rick denied.

"Rick, I'm telling you— he will. And here's the bottom line: he wants your life. You can give him another chance, it's fine, but I'm telling you so you can survive. Watch your back."