𝚗𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚊

Sage continues to hold Carol, allowing her to sob violently into her shoulder, hyperventilating

Sage continues to hold Carol, allowing her to sob violently into her shoulder, hyperventilating. Sage stares at the body of Sophia, unable to tear her eyes away.

Deciding that Carol shouldn't be anywhere near here, Sage finally tears her eyes away from the body and looks to the broken hearted mother. "Come on, Care. Don't look. Get up, honey. Don't look."

Sage and Daryl practically drag the woman to her feet and try to pull her away from the sight, but the woman wriggles out of their grip, flinging her arms so the two would stay away. Carol then turns and runs off toward the camp and house.

Once Carol was gone, Sage's ears were able to hear the sobs of another blonde who stood with Jimmy, who Sage knew was Beth Greene. The two had barely interacted in her time at the farm, but to her knowledge Beth was Maggie's half sister who was around 16-17. Her mother and brother were apparently in that barn.

Stepping toward the walkers, Sage looked around at all the bodies, able to point out which ones she shot, the picture of their faces permanently burned into her brain. Andrea goes and peaks inside the barn to check for any other creatures lurking in the darkness. Shane began to look at each one to ensure they have a head shot, and Sage, who had started to do the same, had grabbed her back knife from it's holster, ready to put any down that weren't dead. Before they could finish though, Beth stumbles forward as she sobbed.

Rick attempts to stop her, holding his arm out. "Shh shh shh. Wait, wait, wait." He attempted to urge, but Beth avoided right past him, refusing to allow the older man to touch her. Searching around, Beth came to a stop beside Sage to a woman lying face down in the dirt, the body of another walker on top of her.

Carefully pulling the dead body off her mother's rotten corpse, Beth rolls her over slowly as she cried loudly. Jumpy, Sage watches closely as Beth stared down at the gunshot wound on her mother's face. "Ma..."

Suddenly, the creature that was once Beth's mother grabs the poor girl, growling and attempting to eat her. Beth screams loudly and Sage dives down, yanking Beth away as hard as she could, while everyone runs forward to help. Separating them as far as she could, Sage then allowed the others to help before she took her knife and stabbed Beth's mother through the forehead.

Hershel grabs his daughter as she wails and screams, absolutely horrified that her mother tried to eat her.

It was silent once more as Sage breathes heavily, looking up at the young girl who was standing with her father, who cradled her head as she sobbed. Hershel nods to the woman in thanks before turning and walking up to their home.

Sage inhales and exhales deeply, trying to catch her breath. Daryl ventures over to her, squatting down in front of her. "Hey, you okay? Are you hurt?"