𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜

Sage was a fantastic teacher in her own, non-biased opinion

Sage was a fantastic teacher in her own, non-biased opinion. So it wasn't a surprise that Rick wondered if she would teach the gun range practice they promised the rest of the group. Though when she found out Shane would also be assisting, she wanted to take back her agreement.

Unfortunately, that wasn't really an option. To be honest, she wanted to distract herself from the whole pregnancy thing— not that Daryl Dixon would let her. He barely let her leave his side after three days, and the man was put on bedrest.

"You know I have to go today, right?" Sage said, glancing up from her book as Daryl lay on their bed. He glances over at the blonde, confused. Daryl had an arrow in his hand, flipping and rolling it between his fingers.

"Leave? For what?" Daryl attempted to sit up but the woman pushed him down with ease.

"The gun training. I promised Rick I would help." Sage gently reminds him.

"But—" Daryl eyes were soft as he looked from Sage's face to her belly, subtly pouting his lip.

"I'll be fine!" Sage insists, trying not to blush over his protectiveness. "If you keep this up, I'm gonna tell everyone you're a softie. I'll ruin your rep."

"Don't do that. I never want to hear anyone say that shit." Daryl grumbles, continuing to pout.

"Alright, alright." Sage smiles as she leans back against him, continuing with her book for only a moment when Daryl nudges her.

"What are you reading anyway?" Daryl asked, trying to peek over her shoulder.

"The Odyssey," informed the blonde, glancing at him with a quick smile, though he looked confused. "Have you not read the Odyssey?"

"Was I supposed to?" Daryl asked, not having heard of the book.

"Most high schools used it in their curriculum," shrugged Sage, thinking maybe his school was one of the few ones that didn't read it.

"English wasn't my best subject in school," he told the woman who nods.

"Mine was math. I had very few coping mechanisms as a kid, and reading was always my go-to. I'm a sucker for Ancient Greece and their mythology too."

"That's the stories with uh.. Zeus and Hades, right?" Daryl recalled and his girlfriend nods in reply.

"Yeah! They're not really mentioned in this book but the gods that are— were apart of that same type of mythology."