𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - "𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖?"

Y/n's POV

It's too early for this. I'm on my way to Ekko's to train.

In the Undercity, you had to have some sort of muscle to survive.

Don't get me wrong, I love training. But for gods sake, why does Ekko always have us train in the ass-crack of dawn? Ekko and I had been training since he rescued me from the fire, in the early ass mornings.

I get to the big gate and bang on it a couple times, standing there patiently waiting for someone to let me in.

After a good 10 seconds, the gates opened and I walked inside. I smiled when I seen Ekko walking with a group of people, whom he waved off once he saw me.

My smile faltered. He looks stressed, tired. "You okay dude?" I ask, worry laced in my words.

"Had a hard mission." He replied, running a hand down is face. I bit the inside of my cheek, lost in thought.

"Well," I began as I put my hand on his shoulder, "Maybe training will let you blow off some steam." I gave him a soft smile.

"Maybe." He sighed as he led us to the building we usually train in.

I set my bag full of training equipment down onto a bench. I then grab some bandages for my fists. "So, what happened on your mission, savior boy?" I asked, wrapping the bandages around my hands.

He sighed, applying bandages on his hands as well. "well, it was going pretty fine, we were getting rid of as much shimmer as we could, until she showed up."

I stopped my movements.

"She? Who?"

He bit his lip, as if scared to reply.

"Pow— Jinx." He replied as as he averted eye contact.

I tossed the bandages onto the bench, anger beginning to boil in my chest, and made my way towards him.

"You knew?" I asked, tears threatening to fall out.

He squeezed his eyes shut, preparing himself.

"How long have you known she was alive?" I asked him, glaring deep into his soul.

He shook his head, guilt washing over him. "A couple months."

My eyes widened as my stomach dropped. I blinked back my tears and furrowed my eyebrows.

"You...You knew." I scoffed softly, the anger growing by the second. "You knew she was alive... and you didn't think to fucking tell me??" I pushed him back. He stumbled a little before regaining his balance.

He bit his lip, thinking of what to say. "I wanted to protect you.. Y/n. She's not the same Powder you knew—"

"Fuck that!! You knew she was alive!" I interrupted as angry tears began pouring out.

Silence filled the air around us, as Ekko stared at the ground. I scoffed at his silence. I moved back to the bench and quickly began packing my things.