Chapter 3: Castle Sweet Castle

Today. . . was quite an unusual day for Twilight Sparkle as she really isn't in her new castle today exploring the new wonders of what it may hold. She is actually at Fluttershy's cottage helping her clean all of her dirty animals and it took rather a while as the afternoon is almost over. A very dirty mongoose is levitated over to stand on a wooden bucket, and a soapy scrub brush floats in to give it a thorough cleaning, which it greatly enjoys. A few other grungy critters are waiting their turn, and she is thoroughly splattered with muck from her work so far. The sky above the canopy of the nearby Everfree Forest shows late afternoon.

Elsewhere in the yard, Fluttershy is dealing with a group of her own, focusing for the moment on steadying a garden hose with her mouth to fill a washtub that contains a goat and a great mass of soap suds. She too is a mess from one end to the other. Tossing the hose aside, she nips up a washcloth to start cleaning the quadruped. A bear gets its teeth brushed under the guidance of Twilight's magic, giving a happy smile and grunt when the job is done. Next the two mares pull on opposite ends of a towel to polish the hide of a freshly scrubbed pig.

As soon as they were finished for the day, Fluttershy wipes her forehead clearly a little bit exhausted from doing such hard work for the day.

Fluttershy: Phew! Thanks for helping me get them so fresh and clean, Twilight.

Twilight Sparkle: No problem, happy to do it!

Fluttershy: You probably can't wait to get back to your castle and take your own bath, huh?

Twilight's eyes open wide in a flick of unease. The mouth beneath them rapidly shifts to its best attempt at a casual smile before it becomes a big dopey grin.

Twilight Sparkle: Aren't there more animals that need cleaning?

Fluttershy: I think you and I are the only ones left, and I can't wait to get the mud out of my mane. You know, you should ask (Y/N) if he is willing to help start you a bath. He did one for me once and I loved it. He told me that Zecora and the spa ponies taught him some skills.

Twilight's eyes pop open again before he shifts into a slight angry grimace as she looks away from the mention of a certain someone.

Twilight Sparkle: *mumbles* Right. . . (Y/N). . .

Fluttershy: Is something wrong, Twilight?

She turns back to grin at Fluttershy before looking frantically about herself. Twilight then spots Fluttershy's rabbit Angel at the edge of a mud puddle and bunts him into it with a hind leg .Once he gets his face out of the gunk, he aims a furious beady-eyed glare up at her.

Twilight Sparkle: Oh, no! Angel got dirty! I'd better stay longer to help give him a bath too!

As the yellow Pegasus looks on with clear concern, her friend trots away and levitates the white fuzzball into the washtub. The scrub brush is brought into play as his little bunny brain ponders the most effective way to avenge this indignity. Fluttershy continues to look at Twilight with slight concern, but smiles regardless.

Fluttershy: (I've never seen Twilight so excited about staying to help the animals. I normally would think that she would be more excited to go back home or see (Y/N) after what I said.

Inside of Fluttershy's cottage, after Angel got his unneeded bath, Twilight and Fluttershy brought him in as Twilight is hunching intently over Angel covered with a towel under her control.

Fluttershy: Thank you ever so much for staying to give Angel a bath too, but, um. . . I think he's dry.

The violet alicorn stands up, caught off guard, and pulls the towel away. Underneath it is Angel, sparkling clean and very much out of sorts and his mood does not improve when the white fur fluffs out wildly in every direction.