Chapter 20: The Hooffields and McColts

It was the middle of the morning at the Castle of Friendship as today was going to be yet another long day for what was about to come for three individuals. However, the process hasn't started quite yet as this morning, Twilight Sparkle decided to sleep in so that she can get some proper rest after she had such a long weekend with the whole mishap with Discord and her friends. As she exits her room, (Y/N) immediately appears through teleportation as he smiles at her.

(Y/N): Wakey, wakey! What's cookin' this mornin' good lookin'?

Twilight yawns before before giving (Y/N) a really unconvinced look while crossing her hooves.

Twilight Sparkle: Did you really appear right next to my room just so you can greet me with that terrible pick-up line?

(Y/N): No, I said it because I have a little treat that I cooked up for you. . . and because it was the best line that I come up with in just a couple of minutes.

Twilight Sparkle: I knew it. . .

(Y/N): L-Look forget that I even said that! You see we've always had breakfast before, but only outside of the castle, on special occasions with our friends, or cooked up from Spike. . . who usually overheats the pancakes for some reason.

Twilight Sparkle: Yeah, and?

(Y/N): Close your eyes for just a quick sec, Twi.

She sighs as she does so before (Y/N) takes her hoof and leads her across the halls of the castle. When they eventually approach a set of two doors, (Y/N) quickly peeks inside to see if this was the right room and the smirk on his face already tells that he was in the right spot. Twilight even sniffs something from her nose as there was a really invigorating smell that came from the room right in front of them.

Twilight Sparkle: What's that smell? It's so captivating.

(Y/N): You'll see~ You ready?

Twilight Sparkle: I guess so.

(Y/N) then opens the doors and leads Twilight inside before forcing her to stop.

Twilight Sparkle: (Y/N), what's going on?

(Y/N): You wanna know so bad? Then open your eyes.

Twilight does so and what she sees next brought a huge shock to both of her pupils as she gasps in astonishment to what she sees ahead of her. . .

(Y/N) had apparently set up a small little table for just the two of them and it had two plates filled with really nice looking meals with breakfast food on them. To make things even more romantic for more of Twilight's sake, he had set up a couple of bookstands that both him and Twilight can read off of in case they wanted to get a little studious while having their meals.

Twilight grows a smile at seeing how (Y/N) planned all of this for her for the sake that she had a long weekend as the alicorn himself comes up behind Twilight and hugs her from behind which makes her giggle.

Twilight Sparkle: When did you get so thoughtful?

(Y/N): Well. Is it a crime that your only boyfriend wanted to do something a little romantic for you for a change?

Twilight laughs from that before she turns around towards (Y/N) to kiss him on the lips for a brief moment before giving him a half-lidded smile.

Twilight Sparkle: The only crime that you pulled off here is the fact that you're a real sweetheart.

(Y/N): Guilty as charged.

They were both getting ready to close their eyes and kiss once more. . .