Chapter 11: Amending Fences

The night sky is shown right outside of the Castle of Friendship as inside of a room, Twilight Sparkle and (Y/N) were sitting on a couch together as Twilight was leaning on (Y/N) while they were both reading a book together. Clattering dishes and running water are briefly heard in the distance as Spike walks in through the door with a weary groan. He wears an apron, yellow rubber gloves, and a red kerchief tied across his forehead.

Spike: You know the worst thing about you two being Prince and Princess? The dishes.

He pulls one glove off and tosses it aside while (Y/N) deadpans at him.

(Y/N): And I see that that's our problem, how exactly? We do the hard stuff, you do the chores slash assisting us on whatever we need.

Spike: Seriously though. How is it that even though we're the only ones who live here and I still somehow find a clatter of plates laying in the sink?

(Y/N): Our friends visit us too, you know. If you don't like it, you can always switch to clogging out the toilets.

Spike gags from that as he sticks his tongue out and points to it.

Spike: I'll pass!

(Y/N): That's what I thought.

Twilight Sparkle: Besides, after three events in one week, we really needed to relax with a good book.

Climbing onto the couch, Spike pulls one of his own from behind a pillow.

Spike: It's kinda funny, isn't it? All these ponies comin' to you two for advice about friendship?

Twilight and (Y/N)'s smiles fade as they looked at each other confused on what Spike meant by that.

Twilight Sparkle: What's funny about that?

She leaves the couch, floating the book along as (Y/N) follows.

Spike: You know, 'cause (Y/N) hardly knew anypony when he arrived and Twilight used to be famous for being such a bad friend.

(Y/N): Hey! I met six mares including Twilight when I arrived here and they're ALL my girlfriends, thank you very much! And Twilight's not a bad friend! Heck, there's no way I think I can ever call her a bad girlfriend.

Twilight blushes from that with a smile as she pecks (Y/N) on the cheek. 

Twilight Sparkle: You're sweet, (Y/N).

Spike: I was talking about when we were still in Canterlot, (Y/N). We didn't even know you at the time. That's when Twilight was more like a bad friend to others.

Twilight then stopped at a small bookcase near the door and is throwing a skeptical look back at her number-one assistant while (Y/N) was just as confused.

Twilight Sparkle: What are you talking about? I had good friends in Canterlot.

Spike: Come on, Twilight. Look at the wall.

She does so and hanging in the center is a large photo taken at her coronation, showing her at the heart of a seven-way group hug from her friends. It is surrounded by four smaller framed photos, one on the wall to either side and two propped up on the bookcase, that display various past experiences with her friends.

Spike: D'ya see any photos from before we moved to Ponyville? And look at you now – the Princess of Friendship.

Said Princess's reflection appears in the glass, approaching slowly. She studies the image carefully for a silent moment, then pulls in a disbelieving gasp. (Y/N) knows Twilight too well as Spike just caused her to go into one of her stressful meltdowns as he facehooves.