Chapter 13: Canterlot Boutique

At Rarity's home and workplace, Carousel Boutique, she is awfully busy working as she had her reading glasses on while sewing some fabric together humming a peaceful tune to herself. However, she was also anticipating something as she glances upwards at a clock high on the wall. It is 9:00 sharp, and she lets all the fabric hit the floor and darts over to stare eagerly out the window, mashing her nose on the glass. When nothing happens for a long moment, she turns glumly away and regards the clock again, seeing the minute hand click ahead one notch.

Voicing a deflated sigh, she crosses to her sewing machine and begins running a length of material through it. She begins to hum to herself, but stops dead with a panicked gasp at the sound of a bell ringing and the happy expectancy returns to her face as soon as it fled.

Rarity: *gasps* Was that the Pony Post?!

She whirls to look behind herself. . . to see that it was just her cat Opalescence playing with a toy mouse. Down go her spirits again.

Rarity: Oh, it's just you, Opal.

The fluffy feline stands up with a grumble, gets the plaything in her mouth, and stalks off.

Rarity: Ohhh. . . Every other day he's here like clockwork! Not today! What could possibly be holding him up?!

Suddenly, Pinkie Pie pops up outside on a nearby window pane.

Pinkie Pie: Strawberry cinnamon cilantro salutations!

She drops out of sight as Rarity just made a look as she didn't even know what she was talking about.

Rarity: What??

Pinkie then zips into view behind her surprising the white unicorn before (Y/N) walks into the place aiming a bored look towards Pinkie.

Pinkie Pie: What indeed. I bet you're wondering what warrants such a welcome! Well, that welcome is warranted by a pony that whisked up a warm batch of strawberry cinnamon cilantro cupcakes!

She produces one on the end of this line, then pitches the whole thing into her mouth and chomps down, letting it bulge her cheeks out. Her facial expression suggests that it does not sit too well with her. (Y/N) could tell as he playfully smiles at her before walking over to Rarity.

(Y/N): Trust me. That pungent flavor combination sounds just as bad as it tastes. . . *shudders* I needed like five breath mints after a taste from it.

Pinkie then forces herself to swallow the cupcake and lets her crumb-coated tongue loll out of her mouth, the poofy magenta mane deflating noticeably at the same time. A plate of these questionable treats is then held right in front of Rarity.

Pinkie Pie: I came here to offer you some anyway!

Rarity: After that visually descriptive and disturbing endorsement. . . and (Y/N) taking the experience of the taste, I'll pass.

She says pushing the cupcakes back. (Y/N) then levitates up an envelope right in front of Rarity.

(Y/N): So anyways, the real reason that we came inside was that the post pony was heading here to deliver this to you, but after Pinkie decided that her surprising terrible cinnamon-what's a what cupcakes was a good idea to give to him as a snack, he felt queasy and it didn't agree with his stomach, so we decided to finish his little job.

Rarity immediately seizes the envelope from (Y/N)'s magical grasp. She rips the envelope open with enough force to send shreds flying everywhere, then mumbles to herself as she reads quickly through the letter inside while sitting on her haunches. Pinkie passes the time by picking up one of her cupcakes, pulling it into her mouth with her tongue, and chomping with gusto as (Y/N) looked at her with a raised eyebrow.