Chapter 15: Made in Manehattan

Today was going to be quite an extraordinary day, although this day today is going at quite a slow-pace as at the Castle of Friendship, (Y/N) and Spike were simply relaxing casually reading their own books quietly, however Twilight Sparkle apparently was already reading up a storm as she has books stacked up on both sides, and others litter the rest of the tables and the floor. Spike sits atop a few, reading a comic book from the box that rests before him, and a few dozen have been arranged to form a giant house of cards.

Magic opens the cover and settles it on the table, but her out-of-sorts expression and weary sigh speak to a general lack of enthusiasm for heavy reading. The book is telekinetically closed and set on the pile to her left; blowing a hearty raspberry toward it, she extracts one from her right side and gives its contents a quick look. 

Another sigh, a slump down, and the book settles itself on that same pile—spine upward, covers open, pages fanned to support its weight. After a groan with chin nearly touching the table, she draws herself upright and immediately lets herself sag down with a third, drawn-out sigh.

(Y/N): Twilight. . .

She looks up from her book as (Y/N) had a slightly annoyed expression while he was concentrating on his book.

(Y/N): If you have something that you need to say then I suggest that you just go ahead and say it without making obvious noises. . .

Twilight Sparkle: Well, isn't it obvious? I'm bored.

Spike: But you're reading.

Twilight Sparkle: I've read all these books already.

(Y/N): Seriously? Somehow you just read all of these books faster than when we were still in the library?

Twilight Sparkle: Well, actually I've read all of those books in simply just a month and a half compared to all of these in the castle, but still!

(Y/N): Why don't you change your pace on how you read all of those books then? You can always just read some with me as we can read some pages and then just talk about those pages with each other.

Twilight Sparkle: Enticing, but it still won't feel right since like I said, I just read every book here in the castle.

(Y/N): Well. . . what DO you want to do? Go out to eat?

Twilight Sparkle: Already ate 45 minutes ago. . .

(Y/N): Take a stroll near the Everfree Forest?

Twilight Sparkle: Not really in the walking type of mood. . .

(Y/N): . . .Cuddle?

Twilight Sparkle: I can't take a nap now! It's the middle of the day!

(Y/N) facehooves from Twilight having an excuse for all of his suggestions as they were pretty ridiculous.

(Y/N): Okay, Twilight Spark-picky. . .

Spike holds in a laugh from (Y/N) using that little nickname on Twilight while the purple alicorn just deadpans at (Y/N) calling her that.

(Y/N): . . .What exactly is it that you are in the mood for today?

Twilight Sparkle: Urgh! I don't know! But I want to do something!

She plants her front hooves on the table, jarring the stacks.

Twilight Sparkle: Things have been so slow around here and I just-

Suddenly, Rarity's voice rang out in the distance which caught the three's attention.