Draft Day

For any college football player, draft day is the biggest day of the year

For any college football player, draft day is the biggest day of the year.  Its bigger than a championship, bigger than signing day.  It's the day you find out if all of your hard work has paid off.  Whether you could make it and become a Super Bowl champion.  It's no different for Chris.

Chris Evans, senior college football player, quarterback for the University of Southern California, draft prospect, all American.  He is buzzing with excitement as his car pulls in front of Radio City Music Hall.

"I can't believe we made it," he says to the guys in the car.

"I can.  We earned it," Anthony Mackie said, straightening his tie.

"Always humble Mackie," Sebastian Stan commented.  "You nervous man?" He asked Chris.

"What if they don't take me? What if we end up on different teams?"

"Relax Evans," Sebastian said.  "You knew that going in.  We are hoping they won't break up this dream team but as long as we are drafted, we can call it a win."

"Yeah, you're right."  Chris rolled his shoulders and cracked his neck.  "Ok, lets do this."

Chris exited the car and waved with all the flashes.  Chris was a first-round draft prospect after he, Seb and Anthony led USC to the championship.  But Chris didn't let that inflate his head.  He was still very humble and did his interviews as such.  "Yeah, I'm excited and nervous. I'm blessed to make it this far.  If the teams don't take me in the first round, then I guess I just need to work harder to prove myself," he commented to ESPN.

Once inside, there were tables in the back for each player and their families.  But Chris, Sebastian and Anthony had requested the tables next to each other.  The hope was that a team would take all three and the only one who could do that in the first round were the Pittsburgh Steelers, who had three first-round picks this year.

As the buzz of Radio City started to grow with the fans in the room, Chris sat down with a water bottle and put his forehead on the table.

"Chris, sweetheart, you need to breath," his mother Lisa said.  "everything will be ok."

"I know Ma, just wish all the shit from the holidays hadn't happened.  I thought Diana was the one, you know.  And the thought of being away from my best friends is just ripping me into pieces."

"I know hun.  But its all going to work out.  I have a feeling." Lisa rubbed his back.

Anthony and Sebastian were at the bar, hidden in the back, away from the camera. Waiting for their drinks, they spot a woman at the other end of the bar.  "Well, if the NFL has ladies like her, I think I'll do ok," Sebastian commented.

"$100 says I can pick her up," Anthony says with a smirk.

"Deal.  Go for it, Romeo.  Wish Chris was here to see it." Sebastian laughed.