what to expect when you don't expect it

There is always a calm on the morning after something big

There is always a calm on the morning after something big. A calm of knowing what's done is done. Nothing you can do to change it. Just take it in and move on. Chris is in this position now. The morning after. He looks over to see his beautiful Becca, still asleep in his shirt, her dark blonde hair tousled around her head. He hears the adjoining room door open and a little giggle. He pats down to make sure he had something on and to his relief, he does. After the haze of victory sex (which is the best kind of sex, he's decided along with being his all-time favorite thing), he remembered to slip his boxers on. Knowing Becca has his shirt, he waits for his little munchkin to invade his bed.

Charlie peeks over to see Chris smiling at her. He presses a finger to his lips to reminder her to keep quiet. She tiptoes to his side, and he lifts her to the bed, placing her in between them. She immediately snuggles into her dad and falls back to sleep. He combs his fingers through her hair before turning and throwing his arm over his girls.

Ok, maybe victory cuddles are a close second to victory sex in his all-time favorite things.

Becca woke later to see her man and her baby girl in bed with her, sound asleep. She smiled before quietly getting up and heading to the bathroom.

She looked into the mirror, noticing her lips were still a bit swollen, her limbs a little sore. Chris was unrelenting in his desire to taste every part of her last night. She took him in her mouth at the beginning, a little victory blow job before Chris laid her on the bed and took her apart and put her back together. He didn't stop his assault for anything. took his time using his mouth, his hands before making her ride him before he met his euphoria. He took great care of her after his self-dubbed victory sex. She smirked at herself as she began to wash her face and teeth.

After cleaning up, she went to stretch when hands found her waist and started to move up. "Morning Beautiful."

"Morning my handsome champ." She turned in Chris's arms and wrapped her arms over his shoulders. "Have I told you how proud of you I am?"

"Not today no." He pressed a soft kiss to her lips.

"Hmm, well," she kissed his lips, then his cheek, chin and neck, each kiss following a word. "I. Am. So. Fucking. Proud. Of. You."

Chris shuddered at the sensations and sighed. "I really didn't think Seb would catch that."

"It why its called a Hail Mary rookie. Because it's a hope and a prayer that you'll make it."

"I actually didn't realize that's why it's called that." He smiled. "How's it feel to be dating a champion?"

Becca shrugged. "Dated one before." Chris raised an eyebrow. "Bobby Lanford, 5th grade spelling bee champ."

Chris burst out laughing. "Ok fair enough. Got a busy day today, Angel. Plus, you know, we have to tell the munchkin."

"Yeah," she sighed, "I know. That is going to be fun, she deadpanned."