Training Camp

Arriving at St

Arriving at St. Vincent's for training camp, Chris, Seb and Anthony were all bunked in the same room. As they walked in and surveyed the room, Chris got a message.

B: Did you arrive yet?

C: Just walked in. Feel like the dorms all over again.

B: Temporary until the preseason.

C: will you be here

B: got stuff to take care of

C: you always have stuff. will I ever get to know the stuff?

B: someday.

C: I still miss you even if its been three months.

B: miss you too friend

C: you felt the need to friend zone me?

B: kinda. Because I'm scared I'll jump you when I see you

C: kinda looking forward to seeing you more now 😉

B: talk to you later Chris

Chris put his phone away, smiling. He looked up to see Sebastian and Anthony watching him. "What?"

"Who were you talking to?" Sebastian asked.

"No one." Chris went to his bed to start unpacking.

"The same no one you've been texting with for the last few months?" Anthony raised an eyebrow.

"You guys are like teenage girls, seriously." Chris rolled his eyes. "We have a team meeting."

The meeting consisted of meeting the other players in their positions. Chris met with the veteran, Mason and backup Josh Dobbs. They all chatted and got Chris up to speed on how the coaches' work.

"So we have a new quarterback coach apparently but they haven't announced," Mason commented.

"Really? Any guesses?"

"Honestly, no. After Ben left, I just assumed we'd be good to go once the draft happened but apparently, we needed more help."

Chris was reviewing the playbook when a shadow fell over the trio. "Mason, Josh, good to see you."

"Ben!" Mason went to shake the hand of the future hall of famer. Ben pulled him into a hug instead. "Wait, you're the new quarterbacks coach?"

"Yes, I am. Didn't think you would get rid of me that easily. Hi, Ben Roethelisberger," reaching over to shake Chris's hand.

"Chris Evans. It's an honor to meet you."

"The honor is mine. You have great potential Chris. Work hard, stay healthy and you will do great. So," he clapped his hands. "Training. I want all of you to read up on the plays. Drills will be done based on play calls. At the end of camp, best will be our starter and so forth. Today we just do the team dinner but tomorrow the real work begins."