Fathers and Daughters

Families never seem to be easy

Families never seem to be easy. It's a fairy tale that parents and childrens, especially fathers and daughters get along perfectly. Daddy's Princess and all of that. Its not reality.

At least, its not Becca's reality.

Becca started to pack up her office. The same office she had only been in for eight months. Even with Chris playing, his future was still uncertain come the off season and Becca would be going with him wherever he landed. The only person she hadn't discussed her move with was Tom. Since she didn't know where she was going, she didn't want to bring on the headache of his complaints until she knew where.

Her mother had tried to convince her to stay, for the sake of being close to family while Chris was working. But the conversation had been hard.

*~**~*

"Rebecca, I know your father crossed a line banning you from seeing someone but be realistic. You need family."

"I do need family. But why is it it that Chris's family has been way more supportive of our relationship than you and dad have and they haven't met Charlie? I only met Lisa when he was hurt. And yet, they are cheering us on."

"That's not fair Becca. I wasn't given the chance to meet Chris properly and get to know him."

"Because Dad made it impossible." Becca pinched the bridge of her nose. "Ok, wait. You're right. Why don't we do this. You come to our house and have dinner. Get to know Chris. See how much he loves your granddaughter and me and understand why I would follow him anywhere."

That dinner was right before Thanksgiving and Avery Rooney was impressed. The young man was obviously in love with not only her daughter but made sure Charlie was the center of their world. Something she had wished for her for so long. To have a father. After that dinner, she talked every night to her husband.

"Rick, you should see them together. They are just like how you and I were when we were dating."

"I asked Rebecca to do one thing and she didn't listen."

"So what? She fell in love Rick."

"Avery, how can she run the team if she can't listen?"

"Is that what this is about? God Rick, you are just a dumbass man after all." Avery walked out of the room.

Rick sat, shocked as his wife was always kind with her words. He knew Avery's world was all about her family. It had to be, since she was the daughter of another famous football family. The Mara's owned the New York Giants so Avery was brought up in this world. He valued her opinion on everything.

And right now her opinion of him was low.

*~**~*

Becca pulled her phone out when it buzzed.