First Date (Sort of)

Chris walked into the weight room, headphonesin

Chris walked into the weight room, headphonesin.  The sun was brighter, the birds sanglouder.  The world was beautiful.  And Chris had a pep in his step.  He headed to the treadmill to warm up aftersetting his gear in his locker.  Histhoughts were only on Becca and Charlie. His girls. He smiled at the thought of them.  He stretched and hopped on, getting up tospeed.

Seb and Anthony walked in to see Chris running.  "God he is focused.  And its because of a girl," Anthony smirked.

"Leave it Mackie. He's happy."

"Sebastian c'mon.  The last time he was like this was at the beginning of his relationship with Diana." 

Sebastian looked at Chris and smiled. "Yeah, but we like this one."

"True.  Let's go see what happened when Romeo dropped off Juliet." They approached Chris and noticed the headphones. Anthony waved to get Chris's attention.

Chris slowed and popped off his headphones. "Hey guys."

"Hey Chris, you were up early."

"Well last day of preseason and just wanted to get a workout in before the final team meeting."  Chris wiped his face with his towel. He saw the smirks on their faces.  "What?"

"Can we talk to you in private?" Anthony pointed to the mini gym on the side.  They walked in and closed the door. "You took Becca and Charlie home." Anthony crossed his arms in front of himself.

"Yes..." Chris looked at him confused.

"How did that go?"

"It went fine.  Put Charlie to bed and went home." Chris furrowed his brow.  "Why do you have that look on your face?" He pointed at Sebastian.

"My look is because you're my friend but I'm not sure you know what are you doing," Sebastian said.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Chris she is our boss's daughter. Are you sure you want to have a relationship with her?  You could lose everything you've worked for.  Not to mention she has a kid."

"I don't care."

"What do you mean you don't care?"

"I mean, if I lost this job, I'll find another one.  Then I could be with Becca and Charlie."

"You want to have a pre-made family? You want to deal with her father and Charlie's father? You don't even know who that could be," Sebastian argued.

"You know who her dad is.  We both do," Chris says angrily.

"Exactly.  You really want to go head-to-head with him?  Do you really think her father will just let her date you?"

"She's a grown woman and mother.  She can make her own decisions."