... Wonderful

And just like that, Becca was nervous

And just like that, Becca was nervous.  It was a month later, now into her sixth month, Becca was nervously getting ready.  She pulled her blonde curls to the side, pulling a hair tie as her engagement ring blinked at her.  She took a steadying breath as she looked in the mirror.  Her brown eyes sparkled even with worry etched in her face.

"Angel? Are you ready?"

Becca looked up at Chris and took him in.  The man lived in sweats and t-shirts, so it was truly shocking to see him in a blue button down, jacket and slacks.  Her libido shot up and Chris could see it in her eyes.  "Angel, we have to..."

"We have time," she pouted. She placed her hands on his chest, sliding them around.

Chris gently took her hands off of him. "No, we don't.  I promise, after."

"We have lunch after," she whined.

Chris chuckled.  He wrapped his arms around his fiancé, his baby momma. "Promise, if you are a good girl, I'll do the thing." He kissed her sweetly.

"Promise?"

"Promise Angel. Now, c'mon. We're gonna be late." Chris helped Becca down the stairs where Charlie was watching cartoons, Dodger's head in her lap. "Let's go munchkin."

"But daddy..."

"No buts.  Everyone is waiting for us."

Charlie huffed as she got off the sofa and put on her sweater with an assist from Chris.  "Why do I hafta wear a dress, Daddy?"

"It's a special day peanut," Becca explained.  "I'm wearing a dress."

Charlie pondered that for a moment before nodding and heading for the door.  "Can Dodger come?"

"Not today", Chris said as he grabbed the keys and the family made it out the door.  Twenty minutes later, they made it to their destination and walked up the steps where Robert was waiting for them.

"Hey guys! I've got all the paperwork.  You ready?"

Chris smiled. "We're ready."

Shoes clicked against the marble of the lobby as Robert directed everyone to the right room.  When they entered, Becca stopped.  It was full.  The courtroom was full of their friends, family and teammates. Chris squeezed her hand and pulled her forward.  They sat at the table in front, Charlie in Chris's lap.

All rise."  The bailiff called out to the court. Everyone stood up as the judge entered.

"Please be seated."  The judge organized his papers and when he looked up, Becca recognized him as the same judge from the custody hearing. Her grip on Chris's hand tightens slightly and he looked down at her with concern.  She shook her head slightly and she stared at the man. The judge smiled when he saw Becca.  "Miss Rooney, I'm glad to see you here under much more pleasurable circumstances."