2 years later

Regulus found his keys and opened the door to his house, or well him and James' house.

The past years had been amazing, a dream come true. Of course  there had been tough times but they had gotten through them together. And the support they had gotten was everything. His brother and Remus had been there every step of the way, through all of the stupid arguments and the smashing of the nintendo because mario kart was becoming a bit too competitive. And Lily had done everything for them, even through her own insecurities. She'd actually been going to therapy to recover from her eating disorder And it was genuinely amazing to see how well it had been going. She was also dating Mary and they had been going very strongly for a few years.

Marlene and dorcas had been brilliant too, coming over for dinners when they got breaks from work and even got them a new nintendo for christmas. They both trained to become aurors after school and finally got the job after a lot of hard work.

With everything going on it takes a while to get to see everyone but they manage. And that is exactly what they were doing tonight.

"Hi love, are you okay?" James said,standing up from the couch, taking him back to reality.

"Yea, im sorry just got in my own head yknow."

James enveloped him in a hug, resting his chin on Regulus' head. He swore he felt himself unwind as soon as James' arms wrapped around him. He truly loved this part of the day. It meant so much, knowing that James truly cared and that they'd be together for as long as possible. And that even if they didn't, he'd still care. Maybe he was being sappy but he had had a tough day and all he just really wanted to appreciate his gorgeous, brilliant, talented husband.

Speaking of, the wedding had been incredibly dramatic, all tears and smiles. Remus pretty much spent the day consoling a sobbing Sirius, who took the whole thing greatly to heart. It had been the most heartfelt day Regulus had ever experienced and he wished nothing different of it. It filled him with joy every time he remembered James was his husband.

James seemed to understand exactly what was happening in Regulus' mind as he kissed him before letting him go back to how he was.

"Yknow i bet they're all going to get here soon, it's pretty late."

Soon enough, a barrage of knocks came from the door, ruining the hug. "We have to get that dont we" Regulus murmured into James' chest.

James stood back up, kissing his forehead before responding with "Yea i guess we do"

When he opened the door, all their friends pushed in, taking seats in the living room. Everyone but Sirius and Remus. That wasn't super surprising though, they were always late, no matter what. It seemed to be their charm? Regulus doesn't understand why they hadnt just started telling them the wrong time.

Marlene turned on the tv and streamed spotify before reaching into her bag for the many bottles of wine.

"I take that as a sign to get the glasses then, Lily could you help me bring them in? i dont think i can carry them all."

"Course"

                                       *
When Remus and Sirius finally arrived they had already turned on Mario kart and had gotten 2 bottles into wine.

"Jesus you lot couldn't wait 5 minutes"

"It's been an hour pads!"

Remus and Sirius shared an 'oops' glance with another.

"Sirius" Regulus started.

"Yea?"

"Do your button up, everyone can tell what you and Remus were doing"