Chapter 4:

James was very happy that his friends had calmed down. The first time he saw the writing he was shocked out of his mind. But they had warmed up and were now together. They weren't to the full extent but were only 14 so you couldnt blame them being wary.

James was excited for his birthday. And itt was coming up quicker than he had excpected it to.

Soon enough, it was 12 midnight and he checked his arm. He thought it would be Lily Evans because everyone knew he was in love with her, especially from the amount of times he had asked her out infront of everyone and on top of a table. But the names shocked him. The name was Regulus Black. Sirius' bloody brother.

He couldnt breathe. His neck had closed up. Tears were threatening to spill but he couldnt even choke out a word.

Remus came running and so did Sirius.

"Calm down, calm down. Try to breathe, come on try to breathe," Remus said, trying to get James to breathe in and out.

Sirius stood shocked as he looked at James' arm. His brothers name was there, etched into he skin. He suddenly knew why James had reacted this bad.

James closed his eyes and breathed in and out as Remus got him to.

"Rem, look. Rem look!" Sirius whiper-shouted pointing to his arm.

Remus looked over and gasped. Regulus Black was there. He knew it was Sirius' younger brother who was currently in second year.

James calmed down and could finally breathe again but was confronted with his two best friends looking, shocked at his arm. He quickly withdrew it and ran up the stairs.
--

James stayed that way for a few months. He was withdrawn and distant and even Sirius had forgiven him, but he stayed that way for as long as third year went on.

Many people tried to get him to show them, expecting Lily Evans too. He had only told Lily because he felt he had to. Lily was the only person he talked to.