Chapter 5:

By the time Regulus' birthday had around, James had gotten into his normal state, if not quieter and still refusing to show people his arm.

Regulus was very nervous for his 14th. It was a big pressure on him from everyone he knew, except maybe Sirus because he had run away a few months prior.

He spent the night with Kreacher, playing gobstones. You technically weren't allowed to have house elves but Slytherin made exceptions.

At 12 midnight  he looked down only to find James Potter on his arm. He looked at it in alarm.

He didnt need this. He was pressured all the time to be nothing like his brother and that came with a lot of responsibility. He knew James Potter. He was a pure blood, blood traitor in Gryffindor who was a male and best friend with his brother.

And he freaked.

Kreacher tried to calm the young boy down but nothing could stop the tears from flowing down hi face. He sobbed, his chest heaving as he collapsed onto his knees on the floor. Kreacher couldn't do anything but stare at the name on his masters arm.
--

Slytherin house hadnt seen Regulus for days on end. Regulus was curled up, sobbing in his shame. He had locked the door in a way that alohamora wouldnt work.

Kreacher had given Regulus his presents and had made sure he still had food but other than that there was no way to console him.